.404J Brass - For Sale

deewayne2003

AH legend
Joined
Jan 27, 2020
Messages
3,886
Reaction score
13,067
Location
Texan living in exile
Media
35
Hunting reports
Africa
1
USA/Canada
2
40pcs of Bertram .404J brass - new unfired, in boxes of 20.
IMG_2870.jpeg

IMG_2871.jpeg


$400.00 shipping including to lower 48USA

Contact by PM
 
$10 a case, WOW! Not judging, just an observation and simple math.
 
I just bought a box of 20 Hornady brass from a store in British Columbia. $80 Canadian shipped. I have two boxes of RWS brass that came with my reloading dies package. I don't care for it. Rim thickness varies and all cases were short in length. Hornady cases are correct length with thinner and more uniform rim thickness. Short case length plays hobb with crimping (necessary for serious recoil calibers) and inconsistent rim thickness can make for inconsistent snap over and ejection.

Sorry, the store only had one box of brass. They do have 400 gr bullets at a good price but I was looking for 350 gr.
 
I see Nosler has 375 H&H brass, packets of 25 regularly $130.95 reduced to $54.95. So all you have to do is spend about 30 minutes per case and have enough equipment to swage out the belt and body to .5" then neck down and set the shoulder- with proper equipment you could do it in a long day or possibly 2. And when you were done you'd still have cases with incorrect markings- but hey, you'd have saved a few bucks- maybe.
 
I see Nosler has 375 H&H brass, packets of 25 regularly $130.95 reduced to $54.95. So all you have to do is spend about 30 minutes per case and have enough equipment to swage out the belt and body to .5" then neck down and set the shoulder- with proper equipment you could do it in a long day or possibly 2. And when you were done you'd still have cases with incorrect markings- but hey, you'd have saved a few bucks- maybe.
That price for those .375 cases from Nosler are for "blems" and are part of their blem sale. Nothing wrong with buying blem cases or bullet, but not at those prices for me.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,357
Messages
1,574,083
Members
169,896
Latest member
jun88srcom
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top