AZDAVE

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa,Namibia, Alaska,lower 48
Custom 404 built on a Bauska BBK-02 action. 24 in Pac Nor super match barrel. NECG front sight, with a Early Model 70 style adjustable rear sight. Bell and Carlson stock with 15 in LOP. Has 241 rounds down the barrel. Selling a couple rifles to pick up some extra $$$ for future projects. Includes Scope rings but not the scope. Included with the package is 93 rounds of loaded ammo 400gr aframes and Barnes solids, with the load data. 240 rounds of new brass, and over 500 mixed barnes and swift bullets. Set of reloading dies. Rifle is extremely accurate. $5200 delivered to your FFL.

DSC_0226.JPG
DSC_0227.JPG
DSC_0228.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Well priced on a good action. Should sell fast. GLWS
Krish

Good deal for somebody, especially considering the ammo and components that are included. If somebody wants in the 404J game this is a great opportunity. GLWS

I didn't know Les built his own actions. He was a great guy.

I didn't know Les built his own actions. He was a great guy.
Original Bauska Actions were hand-made in Kalispell, MT. My 505 Gibbs made 1965 and stocked by Dennis Olson same time. Everything on the barrel is integral except the sight inserts. It's one of my smoothest rifles. Holds 3 + 1.

Screenshot_20240208_174021_Gallery.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Original Bauska Actions were hand-made in Kalispell, MT. My 505 Gibbs made 1965 and stocked by Dennis Olson same time. Everything on the barrel is integral except the sight inserts. It's one of my smoothest rifles. Holds 3 + 1.View attachment 586066
Dad and a coworker sporterized this Springfield in the fab shop at Hungry Horse Dam circa 1962. My horse and I had an argument near Scott Lake in 1981 and we rolled down the mountain breaking the original Herter's stock in two. Dad took me in to Kalispell to Les's shop and he made me a deal on this stock. Twenty-five bucks but only on condition that I tell him the story of surviving hypothermia in October '71. He'd heard about it from another of dad's coworkers. Quite the story. Not sure if Les made this stock or ordered it. I can see his smiling face and sparkling eyes like he was standing here now. I learned last summer that at one time Dennis Olsen worked for the same logging company as Dad's catskinner neighbor. He put the 404 barrel on my 98 Mauser.
in the case.jpg

Last edited:
I know my Bauska .505 Gibbs action is as smooth as any fine European magazine rifle that I have cycled. Especially the upwards motion to unlock the bolt. That .404 is a great deal and opportunity for someone.

I know my Bauska .505 Gibbs action is as smooth as any fine European magazine rifle that I have cycled. Especially the upwards motion to unlock the bolt. That .404 is a great deal and opportunity for someone.
Is the barrel by Buhmiller? I seem to recall most of the guns built in the Valley in those days had his barrels. He lived in Whitefish.

Is the barrel by Buhmiller? I seem to recall most of the guns built in the Valley in those days had his barrels. He lived in Whitefish.
If Les built the rifle it is most likely he actually built the barrel in his shop. That is how he rolled.

@AZDAVE if you were selling that when i was looking at that 500j that you helped me with I would have taken that in a heartbeat. GLWS bro

@norfolk shooter Thank you for looking I just decided to put it up for sale along with a few others after a detailed look at what I have planned for the next 5 years. Have a couple projects in mind that sales would help fund.

I just shot my .505 Gibbs this afternoon that I bought from Dave. with the same action. Dave’s deals give a lot of value. Mine was dialed in and ready to go. That’s a lot of time money. He undersells and over delivers.

I just shot my .505 Gibbs this afternoon that I bought from Dave. with the same action. Dave’s deals give a lot of value. Mine was dialed in and ready to go. That’s a lot of time money. He undersells and over delivers.
The 505 is truly an amazing cal and Im glad to say I can say I have one in the safe. I love the thing.

@AZDAVE is an absolute gent and will help you if he can. The new owner wont be let down

What is this still doing for sale??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaroleZera

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]