400gr Speer 45-70

Papabear55

AH enthusiast
Joined
Jul 9, 2018
Messages
431
Reaction score
361
Media
16
Anyone have any experience with these for elk size game or larger? Im loading some up now that seem to shoot pretty well in my marlin SBL at a estimated 1650fps
 
this bullet is designed to do around 1300 fps muzzle velocity.
at these speeds it will work well.
too fast and it might be another story.
probably elk would still be ok, but a big bear might not offer a choice of shot placement.
bruce.
 
this bullet is designed to do around 1300 fps muzzle velocity.
at these speeds it will work well.
too fast and it might be another story.
probably elk would still be ok, but a big bear might not offer a choice of shot placement.
bruce.

These speers will probably end up used for deer and plinking until my 405gr woodleighs arrive. Just hoping i can use close to the same load data for both, would like to have one or two loads for both with the same poi and velocity if possible
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,307
Messages
1,572,361
Members
169,539
Latest member
ErnestGaw
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top