375 RUM factory powder

John J

AH enthusiast
Joined
Sep 14, 2017
Messages
499
Reaction score
859
Media
63
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
1
Australia/NZ
1
I have 120 375's to pull bullets out of to form 500 MDM cases. The last time I pulled 40 apart the powder made an impressive flame in the driveway. Does anyone know for a fact what powder Remington used in the factory 270gr SP and 300 gr A frame? If I could reuse it safely to shoot a fire forming bullet load to iron out the case that would be great. Thanks, John
 
I have pulled 375 RUMs apart and saved the powder. I don't know what it is. I have considered using it for reduced loads in a 30-06 for practice, but so far haven't needed to go to that extreme.
 
Most powders used by ammo manufacturers is made bulk for a specific burning rate, with no correlation to canister powders that handloaders use. You may get away with or you may not, personally I wouldn’t take a chance for that small amount of powder.
 
Yea I didn't find anything and wasn't willing to chance it. Split it up into 3 burns kids enjoyed it.
VideoCapture_20181116-212545.jpeg
 
It makes good fertilizer to
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,309
Messages
1,572,402
Members
169,558
Latest member
Joneseleepe
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top