.303 Brit - Status in Africa

Hunter4752001

AH elite
Joined
Sep 30, 2018
Messages
1,203
Reaction score
3,162
Media
3
This is more a question out of shear curiosity than of any pressing importance.

I've seen references that a number of African countries prohibit international hunters bringing rifles in "military" calibers. While recognizing the limitations of .303 Brit, I was wondering whether the caliber was old enough to no longer be regarded as a "military" caliber for the purpose of the import restriction?
 
Hi Hunter
I am not sure about restrictions in African countries, but can only speak on my own experience. I own a dead standard military 303 British rifle, and to be quite onest I would not hesitate to take any African animal except for , elephant,rhino and buffalo.
I generally think alot of hunters me included get caught up way to much with this caliber is far better than another.That being said if you shoot any living animal with poor shot placement , guaranteed death will be far and the animal will suffer.
It seems the new fashion is to hunt at extreme distances...way beyond what I would describe as hunting as there's almost no stalk in the process.

That's just my 5c worth.

Keep safe and healthy.

Regards,

Bosbeer Bekker
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,274
Messages
1,570,257
Members
168,864
Latest member
JoleneWins
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top