Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
South Africa (Limpopo, Eastern Cape & Kalahari), Nicaragua, FL, CA, SD, GA, SC, CO
Well, the moment I've been waiting for has finally arrived. @gizmo (Top of Texas Taxidermy) texted me yesterday to inform me that he was already working on my mounts. So I asked him for pictures (or it did not happened :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:) to start a new taxidermy thread. Here are some of the pictures I received.

The buffalo ft will be cigar ashtrays.

buffalo ft.jpg

Picture of my Bushbuck drying.

bushbuck mount.jpg

Picture of my Nyala drying.

Nyala mount.jpg

I'm super excited to see them finally getting done. More to come.

Can’t wait to see the final results! I toured @gizmo’s shop last November and was impressed. And I’m pretty critical of taxidermy. He had a sable drying at the time and anyone would have been proud to have in their trophy room.

That makes two of us. :ROFLMAO: I can't wait to have them hanging on my walls. ;)

Looking forward to a photo breaking in the ashtrays along with a bit of brown water! I'll toast you back when you post it. They all look really good.

Looking forward to a photo breaking in the ashtrays along with a bit of brown water! I'll toast you back when you post it. They all look really good.

You got it, and most likely it will be a Padron 1964 maduro. One of my favorites. ;)

Macanudo and Dalmore for me. Cheers:D Beers:

Warthog mount is on deck waiting for @gizmo magic to make him look pretty. :ROFLMAO:

warthog mount.jpg

Thank you! You are right, even with too much lip stick, a pig is always a pig. :ROFLMAO:

More pictures, working around the eyes.
WH 1.jpg

WH 2.jpg

WH 3.jpg

Warthog looking as beautiful as a warthog will ever look. :ROFLMAO: Love the natural color

IMG_8034.jpeg

IMG_8033.jpeg

Looking Good!! @gizmo has my June 2022 safari also. I told him to get other customers done first as I have no place to hang them at this time. Glad to see yours in progress.

Well, the moment I've been waiting for has finally arrived. @gizmo (Top of Texas Taxidermy) texted me yesterday to inform me that he was already working on my mounts. So I asked him for pictures (or it did not happened :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:) to start a new taxidermy thread. Here are some of the pictures I received.

The buffalo ft will be cigar ashtrays.

View attachment 618878

Picture of my Bushbuck drying.

View attachment 618879

Picture of my Nyala drying.

View attachment 618880

I'm super excited to see them finally getting done. More to come.

I see two buffalo foot ashtrays. Should I count on another Oscar endorsed ashtray in Nashville?

My wife has claimed them both, and doubt I’ll ever use them as ashtrays. :cry:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HayleyGair

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.