2022 Chobe and Victoria falls solo trip

Moe324

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
After hunting in Limpopo I made my way to Victoria Falls for my first time. I made all my arrangements myself booking flights on Fastjet, booking my room at N1 hotel and campsite right in the middle of town, and taking lots of screenshots of locations I wanted to see, I also prebooked a Chobe day tour. I would be in Victoria falls for 3 days. Landing and leaving mid day. The hotel sent me a taxi driver. Mr. Clifford. He was waiting with a sign for me when I walked out of the airport. I enjoyed his conversation on the way to town. Before parting ways I got his Whatsapp number and told him I would be in touch. Thankful for that because I used him again in on my 2024 trip and he was helpful getting my girlfriend from the Philippines her visas from Zimbabae and Zambia as we needed local contacts to apply. After the being dropped off I walked over to 3 monkeys for lunch. It's a delicious restaurant right in town. From there I walked to the park in the Zimbabwe side to see the falls for the first time. I have said it before and I will say it again anyone going all the way to Africa should make a stop here. It's breathtaking. You just have to deal with all the people selling stuff mostly wood cravings and old Zimbabae money. After the falls I ate dinner at Lookout Cafe. Mr. Clifford had made a reservation for me and picked me up from there.
The next day I was up early for a 6 a.m. pick up for my trip to Chobe National Park in Botswana. I was shuttled to the boarder in a van. Once the boarder crossing was done I was loaded into a Safari truck. I got lucky and me and another guy from China got our own truck so it wasnt full. This made it easy to take pictures. The first animal spotted was African wild dogs crossing the road in front of us. Unfortunately no pictures as I wasn't fast enough. From that point on it was animals all day. On the truck we saw tons of elephants, Impala, warthog, giraffe, lions, kudu, zebra, buffalo and lots of birds. Midday we stopped for lunch and rest. We ate at a small restaurant on the river. The food was great. Next we loaded in a boat and started our river tour. Originally it was just supposed to be an afternoon tour but somehow it ended up being a sunset tour. I think the other guy signed up for the more expensive tour and I just got jumped in. Sometimes you just get lucky. I took a picture of elephants at sunset that will be one of my favorite pictures I ever take im sure. If elephants are your thing then Chobe is the place to go. We also saw hippos, Crocs, lechwe, waterbuck, and plenty of birds on the river. After the river tour it was back to the boarder to switch over to a taxi car. On the drive back to Victoria Falls we had one more exciting moment as we came over a hill we almost smashed right into a spotted hyena on the road. We got back into town at about 8. Time for dinner this time I chose to walk over to the Victoria falls brewery for a burger.
My last day I got up early and make my way to the Zimbabwe Zambia boarder crossing after the park entrance on the Zimbabwe side. I crossed into Zambia and walked across the famous bungee jumping bridge. I then entered the park on the Zambia side. This side was my favorite because I could walk all the way down to the bottom of the river. After the park I walked back across boarder and stopped at Lookout Cafe for breakfast. The views here are amazing. It was now time to pack up and head to the airport with Mr. Clifford. One stop on the way to the airport tho. The workshops of the wood cravers. I chose to buy direct from them instead of buy from salesmen on the streets. It was really neat seeing their art.

FB_IMG_1723815923173.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiliaFoz51

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?