1969 FJ 40 Restoration

WAB

AH ambassador
Joined
Oct 8, 2015
Messages
10,051
Reaction score
40,708
Location
Alabama
Media
152
Hunting reports
Africa
5
USA/Canada
3
Europe
2
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
Well, as I have mentioned previously, I have been in the process of a frame up restoration of a 1969 FJ 40 for a few years now. It is finally complete.
IMG_4173.jpeg
IMG_4174.jpeg
IMG_4175.jpeg
IMG_4176.jpeg
 
Very nice! Congratulations.
 
Beautiful and well done! But it's not authentic until I can see an oil slick underneath! ;)
 
Beautiful and well done! But it's not authentic until I can see an oil slick underneath! ;)

Are you sure you’re not thinking of a Rover? Toyotas are not known for
Leak problems.
 
Outstanding job. Well done.
 
They had the right idea making the transmission bolt right up to Chev 235 six cylinder. I know some guys who dropped 283 V8 in those but it required substantial modification.
 
Very nice ! Love how it turned out!
 
Wow, what a nice looking ride!!
 
Very nice! Any thoughts of adding a winch to the front bumper area?
 
Same color as my first FJ40, bought new in 1972 ($3800 out the door). I've had five TLCs since, including my current 2001 100 series and my 1993 FZJ73 - a six cylinder diesel. For over 50 years I have owned Landcruisers!

Congratulations on a very nice 'Cruiser!
 
Are you sure you’re not thinking of a Rover? Toyotas are not known for
Leak problems.
Of course that too, but I figured any vehicle eligible for Social Security should have an oil leak for authenticity. Beautiful vehicle, probably don't need a winch for Alabama.
 
Super nice! Looks like the original three-speed?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,363
Messages
1,574,235
Members
169,979
Latest member
roofimprovementandservices
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top