1909 argentine mauser bottom metal work

TroyF

AH enthusiast
Joined
Sep 23, 2021
Messages
374
Reaction score
569
Location
Up state N.Y.
Media
1
Some questions on what work to do on the bottom metal for the 09 98 mauser.
How to remove the Serial number on the trigger guard by the front screw, if it's simply filed down it will make a step I don't want. I believe I've seen where you displace the metal from the inside bulging the metal then file it?

What shape do you like making the trigger bow, just make the sides and cut Parallel to around 1/2" wide or leave the bottom fatter and thin as it meats the stock line.

do you like to round the floor plate of nice crisp edges .

the rear screw the metal flares up some do you leave that or flatten it some.

best way to attach the button for the floor plate release, seems soldering it will look cleanest with out much finish work.

any prep for doing aluminum pillars, what diameter is best I'll make them on the lathe.

anything else I am missing.
 
Honestly, the answer is to buy replacement bottom metal, follower, and spring…appropriate to your caliber.

Repurposed military bottom metal always looks like what it is.
 
Te
Honestly, the answer is to buy replacement bottom metal, follower, and spring…appropriate to your caliber.

Repurposed military bottom metal always looks like what it is.
The 09 Argentine mauser bottoms are commercial mauser, from what I've read dmw Did not have or was unable at make normal military bottom metal so they used there commercial ones.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,313
Messages
1,572,572
Members
169,586
Latest member
MichaelaTo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top