17 Days until lift off....

buddy48

AH senior member
Joined
Sep 2, 2014
Messages
68
Reaction score
85
Location
Georgia
Media
12
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Hunted
Georgia, South Carolina, Iowa, Montana, Missouri, South Africa
Well, I am going on my first hunt in South Africa in 17 days. Man am I nervous. Not so much about the hunting but about being prepared for the hunt itself. What will I forget that I need, have me and my son practiced enough, am I in good enough shape to enjoy the hunt, will one of us get sick......the list goes on and on. My mind races at times thinking about everything. Gotta just let all that go, hope for the best and enjoy ourselves.

Thanks to this website and all of y'all i'm a whole lot better prepared than I would have been.
 
Enjoy!

You will likely way overpack. Remember boots, binos, and rifle and all will be good. :)

Who are you flying? I'm headed over on the 7th.
 
Enjoy!

You will likely way overpack. Remember boots, binos, and rifle and all will be good. :)

Who are you flying? I'm headed over on the 7th.

Delta. My flight leaves July 6th out of Atlanta.
 
Almost had someone to talk to on the flight. :)

Man are you going to have fun!
 
Congrats and enjoy! It will all be worth it when you step foot in the bush in pursuit!
 
Well, I am going on my first hunt in South Africa in 17 days. Man am I nervous. Not so much about the hunting but about being prepared for the hunt itself. What will I forget that I need, have me and my son practiced enough, am I in good enough shape to enjoy the hunt, will one of us get sick......the list goes on and on. My mind races at times thinking about everything. Gotta just let all that go, hope for the best and enjoy ourselves.

Thanks to this website and all of y'all i'm a whole lot better prepared than I would have been.
With your son as your hunting partner, you can't go wrong!
 
Congrats and good luck!
 
Who are you hunting with?
 
Enjoy!

You will likely way overpack. Remember boots, binos, and rifle and all will be good. :)

as royal said ...plus some clothes as well hopefully :D. you will definitely take too much "stuff" with you that will never be needed, so relax and stop worrying about imagined things and concentrate on the great time you and your son will have :D Beers:
 
@buddy48

I got my dates mixed up - knew it was wednesday, but thought that was the 7th. So if you are on flight 200 at 8:12 then we will have to day hello!
 
Relax and enjoy it. I know, easier said than done. Try to sleep some on the 15 hour ATL-JNB flight. The Joburg airport is actually quite nice and fairly efficient to get in and out of. You and your son will have a great time and memories for a lifetime.
 
@buddy48

I got my dates mixed up - knew it was wednesday, but thought that was the 7th. So if you are on flight 200 at 8:12 then we will have to day hello!

Excellent! I'll catch up with you before the flight.
 
Have a wonderful trip and wish you best of luck.

@Royal27 , jy kan kak praat!! :ROFLMAO:
:LOL::cry:
 
I wouldn't worry, you selected a great outfitter .
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,351
Messages
1,573,791
Members
169,854
Latest member
SunnyGerra
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top