Recent content by VertigoBE

  1. VertigoBE

    Politics

    1.2MUSD for a pole, restraints, a dirt backstop and a .223 bullet?
  2. VertigoBE

    Politics

    Seems like there IS a difference between men and women! :D
  3. VertigoBE

    Politics

    I do not understand why so many of you are still engaging with @Big_Easy and ilk. He has been on my ignore list for a while now. Zealots and ideologues, especially uncultured and uneducated ones, bore me.
  4. VertigoBE

    USA: Deer & Double Rifles

    Waidmannsheil! I love seeing people taking their wood and blued traditional double rifles out for hunting in this age of carbon, plastic and alloys. Well done sir!
  5. VertigoBE

    Which scope would you prefer on a 375 H&H Bolt for DG and PG -

    Actually I think the Z6i is dis-discontinued, or brought back. Listed for 2000€
  6. VertigoBE

    Which scope would you prefer on a 375 H&H Bolt for DG and PG -

    @SStomcat , looks like you have made up your mind about changing from your initial 1-6x24 choices to a 1.5-8x42 (or similar). Very good choice. It is what I would have recommended as well. I don’t know if you have made up your mind about exact brand and model, but do keep an eye out for second...
  7. VertigoBE

    Politics

    To be fair, the insults thrown by the likes of Churchill, that show great intellect, are hardly comparable to some bumpkin calling people names.
  8. VertigoBE

    Politics

    Don’t you think there is something seriously wrong with a society, when its people can be made to pay the sweat of their brow for the ruling establishment, die in the wars of the ruling establishment yet cannot even utter words of disdain and insult, without the threat of jail? Standards are...
  9. VertigoBE

    Sideclips or not on double rifles..do they matter much..?

    I must say that the Daniel Fraser box locks have the most pleasing lines and form of all box locks. In my opinion at least.
  10. VertigoBE

    Sideclips or not on double rifles..do they matter much..?

    After you ravaged it in the field
  11. VertigoBE

    Classic stalking rifles - today

    Well proportioned and elegant stalking rifles are just a beauty to use. This one is mine in 7x64: It is a Dumoulin Centurion, which originally had an older straight 20mm tube on claw mounts. I had a new set of claws made, with this over the front bell mount on a Swarovski Z6i with a 42mm...
  12. VertigoBE

    Hartmann & Weiss Hamburg London

    If you can get it at a reasonable price do not hesitate. I’ve seen no rifle finer than by Mr Hartmann & Mr Weiss
  13. VertigoBE

    Trump Issues Executive Order to Open 2 National Monuments to Hunting, Access More Public Land, Protect Lead Ammo

    So, lead ammunition (for rifles only?) is again ok? At least until the next president goes back on this?
  14. VertigoBE

    Rigby would like to know your caliber preference(s) for a Highland Stalker model without iron sights

    I don’t think anyone is making the case that there is no place for non-iron sighted rifles. Or that without them the rifle cannot be hunted with. What I and others did make a case for is that the people who specifically want a Rigby branded rifle, are looking for traditional form and details...
  15. VertigoBE

    Politics

    Most of the political establishment is tone deaf. They just run around in their own self aggrandising echo chambers. The question then is, is it incompetence (failure to see due to ego) ? Or is it with intent (ulterior motives)?
 
Top