Recent content by IvW

  1. I

    The Cannon Myth: Why I'd Rather Hit Than Bruise

    Sales pitch???? Marketing campaign???? My oh my....you are really confused..... I have no intention of marketing or selling any bullets to anybody....
  2. I

    The Cannon Myth: Why I'd Rather Hit Than Bruise

    I also dont make bullets.....I am working together with a very experienced bullet manufacturer who makes in excess of 150 000 bullets for Game rangers and Professionals in the field per year.... SO because there is plenty off tests availible we cannot design and test to see if we can make...
  3. I

    The Cannon Myth: Why I'd Rather Hit Than Bruise

    So you can't hit with the 375 H&H after all and also revert to the Cannon Myth.......
  4. I

    The Cannon Myth: Why I'd Rather Hit Than Bruise

    Probably zero..... So you have already tested this in the 3 calibers mentioned?
  5. I

    The Cannon Myth: Why I'd Rather Hit Than Bruise

    Brass not copper..... Longer increases sd..... Case capacity in the 3 cartridges I refer to is not a problem.... Not increase in distance I am talking 12 meters...... Less muzzle velocity in our case especially in the 375 H&H is a good thing.....2550fps is too fast...... Not copper and 0...
  6. I

    The Cannon Myth: Why I'd Rather Hit Than Bruise

    Animals, wet stacked books, water jugs....we will improvise as we go
  7. I

    The Cannon Myth: Why I'd Rather Hit Than Bruise

    Thank you. Yes the rifles are ZKK602 actions and have the pop up rear sights in the receiver. These will be drilled out to be like a Ghist ring and not a peep sight. These will be the backup sight. Primary sight she will test an Aimpoint H2 and see how that goes. This allows using both eyes...
  8. I

    The Cannon Myth: Why I'd Rather Hit Than Bruise

    325gr 375 H&H 420gr 404 Jeff 600gr 500 Jeff They will be solid brass in these weights with a 70% meplat and a 60 degree cone(hollow) cut into the nose. I am receiving the first prototypes next week thursday for testing.....
  9. I

    The Cannon Myth: Why I'd Rather Hit Than Bruise

    Any serious DG hunter, PH or guide needs to practice, a lot to become proficient with a rifle. It takes dedication and time. the rifle has to fit properly and be balanced correctly. From there you get your recoil tolerance level. There are many other factors to consider.... 99.9% of trails...
  10. I

    The Cannon Myth: Why I'd Rather Hit Than Bruise

    We are currently working on a Trail guide specific bullet design. Heavy for caliber(sd has to be .330 or higher), meplat 75% and experimenting with a 45 degree hole in the front. For 404 Jeff that would be a 420gr solid brass bullet. We want to achieve maximum straight line penetration for...
  11. I

    The Cannon Myth: Why I'd Rather Hit Than Bruise

    My daughter is working towards her FGASA SKS Dangerous Game Trails guide qualification. She has a Diploma in Game Farm/Reserve management and a whole heap of the required training done. Yesterday she started her 3 week advanced rifle handling training.( She has completed her first 4 weeks...
  12. I

    The Cannon Myth: Why I'd Rather Hit Than Bruise

    Then we are on the same page..... The ph you refer to is from Mozambique.....he only believes in 375 H&H for everything....
  13. I

    The Cannon Myth: Why I'd Rather Hit Than Bruise

    Yes he does hunting in Cameroon does not require more than a 375H&H.....in zzim he prefers 470 NE and 458 Lott.....
  14. I

    The Cannon Myth: Why I'd Rather Hit Than Bruise

    Blah blah blah......same for Bell.....how many of the elephant they wounded and lost did they write about????? How many of them where while guiding paying clients and having to keep them in one piece when the shit hits the fan....wake up your tea is getting cold..... Next you will say elephant...
  15. I

    The Cannon Myth: Why I'd Rather Hit Than Bruise

    All boils down to what calibers you can handle with compitance.....if it is 375H&H so be it......if you are a PH and that is your max you may want to stick to plains game.... For a visiting hunter it is most important to be able to handle your chosen rifle type(double or bolt) and caliber to...
 
Top