Recent content by 30-06Ken

  1. 30-06Ken

    RCBS FL 3006 reloading dies FS

    If Odonata doesn't want them for some reason - I'll take them.
  2. 30-06Ken

    RJ Renner Germanic Stalking Rifle Mark X Mauser 30-06

    Beautiful rifle - 2 questions. What defines a Germanic style stalking rifle ? How long is the barrel ?
  3. 30-06Ken

    Any use Miwall Corp.?

    I have seen in other forums they are a legit company but their shipping costs are high. I have no experience with them.
  4. 30-06Ken

    Winchester Model 70 Push Feed .270 Lightweight New Haven Gun 1991

    I have pretty much the same gun. Bought it when I was younger and it was my only "big game" rifle for a long time. Shoots just about anything you feed it into very small groups, factory ammo or handloads, 130 grain - 150 grain doesn't matter. Mine has a very smooth action and is dead reliable...
  5. 30-06Ken

    Savage 110 270 Win rebarrel to 35 Whelen

    That is what is called a "project gun". 35 Whelen is an excellent choice.
  6. 30-06Ken

    308 vs 7mm/08 for big game hunting in Africa or elsewhere

    It seems most have missed your original question of deciding between a 7mm-08 and the 7mm Rem Mag.,there is quite a wide gap between the two. Also, you didn't mention what animals you were targeting ? Blesbok, Springbok, Bushbuck size game or Kudu, Eland, Waterbuck etc ? You also wanted a gun...
  7. 30-06Ken

    US State and Commerce Departments Announce Changes in Suppressor Regulations

    That makes 2 of us (well 3 counting my wife). Been here 6 years on a work project that ends next year. We are looking to move back to Pennsylvania and looking forward to the day I can buy an AR, suppressor, pistol with a threaded barrel and extended mags. It really is the Peoples Republic of...
  8. 30-06Ken

    Norma Oryx .30-06 Sprg 200Grn Performance

    Thats worth buying just for the Lapua brass alone !
  9. 30-06Ken

    How do you properly carry your rifle with a sling?

    A sling is for more than just carrying your rifle over your shoulder. I guess many people have either forgot or dont know how to use a sling properly to shoot. It's indispensable for me as a shooting aid.
  10. 30-06Ken

    Modern loads for 6.5x55

    I've been using ApexLoad Pro software for a year now and it is a godsend for reloaders. It covers literally every catridge/powder/bullet combination out there. Its a German based program so all the EU powders and cartridges are listed as well as the typical US based. I ran the simulator on a 6.5...
  11. 30-06Ken

    SOUTH AFRICA: Bandur Safaris

    Lodge looks fantastic ! I hope you have a great hunt.
  12. 30-06Ken

    I'll take the Vortex scope cover you have listed in the Pay it Forward thread. Ken [redacted]

    I'll take the Vortex scope cover you have listed in the Pay it Forward thread. Ken [redacted]
  13. 30-06Ken

    Pay It Forward-Free

    I'll take the Vortex bikini scope cover and the other items as well if you want to ship all together.- PM coming
  14. 30-06Ken

    For trade - One kidney (well used) for airfare

    A couple of things I didnt see in the post were: *What are the dates you are going and for how long. *Are you flying on a preferred US carrier for points/miles (?) *Do you have to fly out of Nashville ? Its a 4 hour drive to ATL - It may be cheaper to overnight and leave from there ? *Are you...
  15. 30-06Ken

    What did you reload today?

    I think the SST lineup is one of the more accurate hunting bullets on the market. I have yet to find a gun that won't shoot them accurately with any number of powders. Great for whitetail size game, usually full pass thru penetration and devastating wound channels.
 
Top