markusjb10

Reaction score
Happy New Year! I own a CZ 7x64mm hunting rifle and want to add a silencer. As a novice, I'm unsure about thread types and silencer features. Any tips on choosing the right silencer for hunting in Namibia and where to thread the barrel would be appreciated. Thanks!

Happy New Year! I own a CZ 7x64mm hunting rifle and want to add a silencer. As a novice, I'm unsure about thread types and silencer features. Any tips on choosing the right silencer for hunting in Namibia and where to thread the barrel would be appreciated. Thanks!
Where are you based ?

In Pretoria for now, I will be moving to Cape Town end of Feb.
I would pull up at your local gun store . They should be able to advise you, possibly they also have a lathe to thread the barrel also. 1/2”x20 is what I have 2 barrels threaded for.
As far as I am aware the possession of silencers in SA is no big deal. Certainly in Namibia where I hunt it isn’t.

We can't use silencers in "Banada"... but I love the 7X64 Brenneke cartridge and shoot it in a Ruger M77 Mark II rifle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarryFarr7

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone