Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Lion Hunting Closure in Botswana

The hunting season has just ended in Botswana, but SCI has learned that all lion hunting in the future has been suspended by the government. According to sources, the suspension has nothing to do with trophy hunting. The main problem is the unsustainable killing of lions that depredate livestock.

SCI has organized and will be attending the annual African Wildlife Consultative Forum, which takes place in two weeks in Mozambique. Wildlife officials from Botswana and many other African nations, along with representatives of the hunting industry, will be attending this year’s meeting to coordinate and discuss issues relevant to the hunting industry. The closure of hunting for lions in Botswana will be discussed and the SCI hopes to have more information at that time.

Source: Safari Club International

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zodiacvista

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone