Last minute spain hunt

snider6464

Reaction score
Media
Member of
RMEF, SCI, Colorado mule deer association,
Hunted
USA, New Zeland, Mexico, Kyrgyzstan, South Africa,
My wife and I ended up with some free flights to Spain mid January 2024. Looking to organize a quick few day hunt for mouflon, ibex, roe, or hogs. January 13 and 14th would be best. If anyone knows anyone with availability or suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

I hunted with a company called Espacaza there twice and would recommend. They have a Monteria/driven hunt advertised on those exact dates for a combination of red stag/fallow/mouflon on that hunt, but may be full by now. You can ask. They would very likely be able to put a stalking hunt together as well. However, the Problem you are going to run into now though is you need to get a hunting/firearm permit in advance from the Spanish consulate here in USA. Even if you booked today and sent in paperwork to consulate it’s uncertain (unlikely) with Christmas and New Years if you would receive it in time.

Thank you for the reply and advice 375fox. I figured the rifle paperwork would be a tight connection. The one outfitter I have talked to so far said they had a rifle for rent for 100$ a day. I will reach out to Espacaza and see if they have availability.

Thank you for the reply and advice 375fox. I figured the rifle paperwork would be a tight connection. The one outfitter I have talked to so far said they had a rifle for rent for 100$ a day. I will reach out to Espacaza and see if they have availability.
Unfortunately it’s the same paperwork whether you rent or bring your own rifle

@snider6464 have you tried the search function? Just type in “Spain” and you’ll see many reports. I am hoping to do a Spanish ibex hunt in the near future.

Dang! That is unfortunate, but good to know. I will try to get something booked tomorrow then and hopefully it would return in time.

375 Ruger Fan, yes I did. Some great options and I reached out to some of the outfitters referenced. But with it being so last minute, I figured someone might have some good advice or someone with a last minute opening. I will read some more though.

I hunted with ATP last year, they are excellent and will be able to put you on a hunt if they have the availability.

Good luck!

Livingthedream, I just messaged them! I also asked if they thought it was too late to be able to get the paperwork processed.

Livingthedream, I just messaged them! I also asked if they thought it was too late to be able to get the paperwork processed.

If you don't hear back my late tomorrow, let me know and I will PM you his WhatsApp.

Altitudesickness, thank you for the documents. I will get them ready and if I can get a hunt booked today I will send it off asap.

Like some folks sais get the rifle permit in this short time is very difficult. Now in few days are holidays in Spain, and many places are closed... Outfitters you have many goods. Theiberianhuntinexperience, wildhuntingspain, brunorosichts, corju hunting... Roe is not possible in January your best option is Ibex and-or mouflon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carl.ts125

Latest profile posts

Bill J H wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Do you still have this rifle? I'm in the KC area on business and I'm very interested.
Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.