I may sell my giraffe mount

You might also think about speaking to your favorite local gun store. If you’re a regular they might be willing to display it for you while you await another move or building a trophy room.
Excellent advice. Well done that man.

Good question and good thread. I have often wondered about selling taxidermy....I have some stunners, and no idea of their value .. I'd be happy to leave them to those who survive me, but they'd probably end up in the landfill.....I feel your pain at getting rid of your trophy....it's more than just the monetary value................best of luck with whatever you decide.............FWB

Good question and good thread. I have often wondered about selling taxidermy....I have some stunners, and no idea of their value .. I'd be happy to leave them to those who survive me, but they'd probably end up in the landfill.....I feel your pain at getting rid of your trophy....it's more than just the monetary value................best of luck with whatever you decide.............FWB
Couldn`t agree more Bill.

It’s a shame “The Corner Shoppe” in Austin TX closed; that place could buy and sell anything that was legal.

Even if he wasn’t interested in buying he could tell you what it was worth and give you options & advice.

Basically a mount with the front half of the animal mounted, many times mounted from the last rib forward. A buddy has a half nyala and it is stunning. You get the orange of the front legs the mane and the stripes. It sits on the floor and flush to the wall. Many people paint a mural of bush to make it look like it’s emerging out of thick bush.

What does "half life size" mean?
IMG_1701.jpeg

Here is a 1/2 lifesize warthog I have. Basically it has the whole front half of the animal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yuyixinwei26

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!