AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
USA & Canada
Hello All,

Does anyone have any recommendations on an outfitter to hunt a giant forest hog? I love hog hunting and not scared to travel.

What is your African hunting experience? You can hunt them in Cameroon, Ethiopia, and CAR but all will be very expensive hunts with possibility of very expensive air charter and difficult countries to plan a hunt to. No guarantee of success either.

What is your African hunting experience? You can hunt them in Cameroon, Ethiopia, and CAR but all will be very expensive hunts with possibility of very expensive air charter and difficult countries to plan a hunt to. No guarantee of success either.
Experience none...well I got rejected by an Ethiopian woman in Florida, does that count? South africa next year and planning for the future. Looking for references. Money is not my concern.

Experience none. South africa next year and planning for the future. Looking for references.
A giant forest hog would likely cost in the $30k+ range for a hunt. In Cameroon they are add ons to a bongo hunt. Even if just hunting them it would still likely be at a bongo price if going after them, just expensive areas to operate in. Ethiopia is extremely expensive to hunt and very expensive prepaid licenses. Maybe consider reaching out to the CAR sponsor here to get a better understanding of pricing and what goes into this type hunt. A bushpig is a lot more realistic goal and much more secure areas to hunt in South Africa.

A giant forest hog would likely cost in the $30k+ range for a hunt. In Cameroon they are add ons to a bongo hunt. Even if just hunting them it would still likely be at a bongo price if going after them, just expensive areas to operate in. Ethiopia is extremely expensive to hunt and very expensive prepaid licenses. Maybe consider reaching out to the CAR sponsor here to get a better understanding of pricing and what goes into this type hunt. A bushpig is a lot more realistic goal and much more secure areas to hunt in South Africa.
Thank you for the info. Might need to find a Bongo hunt to just get me a giant hog.

Reach out to Andy and Michelle Buchanan (This is Africa hunting films) I distinctly recall them filming a successful hunt in Ethiopia. It would be on YouTube but I can’t remember what episode or season at the moment. They could give you some info. There are sponsors on here that have posted trail cam
Pix of them as well-keep digging, I just can’t recall the name right now but they put up lots of bongo and buffalo and hog pix on this site
Lefol safaris I think

Thank you for the info. Might need to find a Bongo hunt to just get me a giant hog.

That sounds like an excellent idea!

Reach out to Andy and Michelle Buchanan (This is Africa hunting films) I distinctly recall them filming a successful hunt in Ethiopia. It would be on YouTube but I can’t remember what episode or season at the moment. They could give you some info. There are sponsors on here that have posted trail cam
Pix of them as well-keep digging, I just can’t recall the name right now but they put up lots of bongo and buffalo and hog pix on this site
Lefol safaris I think
The company is called Northern Operations in those videos. They operate in Cameroon too. Lefol Safaris is the sponsor here in CAR. He could reach out to Mayo Oldiri in Cameroon as well.

IMG_7855.jpeg

Season 1 episode 3. . .

We are quite famous for our Giant Forest Hog

A few articles for you to check out:

Last edited by a moderator:
We are quite famous for our Giant Forest Hog

A few articles for you to check out:

That’s an understatement :D !

Last edited by a moderator:
The company is called Northern Operations in those videos. They operate in Cameroon too. Lefol Safaris is the sponsor here in CAR. He could reach out to Mayo Oldiri in Cameroon as well.
Thank! Emails have been sent. This is why I need a wife to talk me out of this stuff. LOL

Thank! Emails have been sent. This is why I need a wife to talk me out of this stuff. LOL
If you had a wife you may not enjoy the same financial freedom to hunt like this! Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LydaX15957

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone