Flying Ethiopian Airlines with a Rifle

Great to read that!

I was even thinking about no taking the rifle with me.

Can you remember the forms that they need you to show them?

Thanks for the info Roller!
Just a simple form to fill out with your personal and rifle “permit” info (I don’t know what you use in Spain) . No need to do anything in advance . The main thing is know what you need for your rifle permit for your country of destination.

I would be remiss to add that the best part of flying Ethiopian is that you get to look at gorgeous Ethiopian flight attendants for 16 hours

I have noticed United doesn’t offer Ethiopian flights after May. Does anyone know why? I have flown them a couple times in July.

Mort, it isn't in "The Bowels of the terminal" it's on ground level, is well-lit, staffed with friendly-helpful people, and is easily accessible. I don't know where these descriptions come from
I’ve flown Ethiopian with rifles. I went to the ground level, open to the outside, where there was pavement and concrete and the belts with bags moving from vehicles to the terminal. It was not an office. They may have changed their procedure, but when I went though there twice, it was more like seeing the inner workings of the baggage departments with diesel fumes, loud noise and no office. I opened my case on the ground where vehicles drove.
It didn’t bother me at all. It was kinda fun, since one never gets to go into that area of an airport. The staff were polite, quick, and made sure to get me on the flight. It was very quick as my layover was essentially a fast walk through the airport.

I had the same experience as the others here. Last flight I made was July 2022. Has anyone ever switched to Discovery Airlines from Ethiopian? Thanks.

I’ve flown Ethiopian with rifles. I went to the ground level, open to the outside, where there was pavement and concrete and the belts with bags moving from vehicles to the terminal. It was not an office. They may have changed their procedure, but when I went though there twice, it was more like seeing the inner workings of the baggage departments with diesel fumes, loud noise and no office. I opened my case on the ground where vehicles drove.
It didn’t bother me at all. It was kinda fun, since one never gets to go into that area of an airport. The staff were polite, quick, and made sure to get me on the flight. It was very quick as my layover was essentially a fast walk through the airport.

Exactly. Never said anything derogatory about the experience. Just interesting being in the inner workings of an airport baggage experience. Last time I checked, my bowels were on ground level LOL

w and most of the information, I got from Lori @travelexpress. She and her team were awesome advising and chan

I have noticed United doesn’t offer Ethiopian flights after May. Does anyone know why? I have flown them a couple times in July.
We just booked Ethiopian trip to Joberg for Sept 2024 via United website

We just booked Ethiopian trip to Joberg for Sept 2024 via United website

Just booked Ethiopian via United to Windhoek as well on United website

Interesting, what cities are you flying from. Thanks.

Hey guys,

First of all, thanks for the useful information I got from this thread.

Just a question, I ll be flying with my rifle to SA with Ethiopian Airlines, can I expect any charge/fee for it?
Can't see anything in the web page.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abel87507

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.