Double Rifle Shoot in West Ky?

Keep me posted as I have a small hunting property 100 miles north of there in Illinois

Did anything ever come of this?

If not, I’m still interested in a KY shoot.

I’d probably prefer a more centrally located shoot though.

Is there any interest in a central KY shoot? We could probably put something together at BGSL, outside of Lexington, or find some private land nearby.

I can bring a CZ 550 in 375. I’ve got a decent bit of 458 WM ammo i can share, if someone has a 458 WM or Lott.

Did anything ever come of this?

If not, I’m still interested in a KY shoot.

I’d probably prefer a more centrally located shoot though.

Is there any interest in a central KY shoot? We could probably put something together at BGSL, outside of Lexington, or find some private land nearby.

I can bring a CZ 550 in 375. I’ve got a decent bit of 458 WM ammo i can share, if someone has a 458 WM or Lott.

Or for a simpler option, I’m always down for coffee or lunch.

I’m in Louisville but I find myself in Lexington once a week and I’m in Ashland a few times a month.

You may want to talk to some of the guys that set up the shoot in Libby, Montana, to get some great ideas.

I'd be interested for sure. I have no double to bring myself (yet), but could bring my 375. I live about 3 hours from Paducah/ West KY, in IL near St. Louis.

We can definitely do it. I have a couple of options for ranges here within just a few min of my house. There is decent hotel options within 20 or 30 min of where we would be shooting.

If we can figure out a date that works for the majority of the guys interested I'll talk with the guy that owns the range, I'm a member there, and I'll get us a date set up where we can get the range for ourselves. I can also talk with a buddy of mine who runs a local sportsman's club kind of deal and maybe we can get it sponsored through them and get some money for ammo and targets.

Let's get a list of guys interested and I'll get in touch with the fellow that runs the range and I'll see what I can work out. I figure we will want to shoot for this fall probably. Nobody is going to enjoy shooting in peak Ky heat/humidity. We can get some full size buffalo targets and stuff. Won't be any big deal to build a target board for that. I'll talk to my buddy and see if maybe we can get it to be an official event through our league of Ky sportsman club.

I am in Nashville but would make the drive just to put faces with names and enjoy the plinkin. No double, yet , but .375, .416 and .458WM.

We are having the BHA small game boot camp this weekend and once we have that in the books our next order of business is getting this double rifle shoot planned
If anyone is close to Paducah, Ky this coming weekend swing by and hang out.

The Small Game Bootcamp went well and it is now complete. I spoke with the owner of the range at that event, as well as my friend Kevin, who will most likely be helping me head up this operation. Planning is underway, I'm working on a couple of friendly shooting competition ideas for the event. I am looking at potentially the Oct./early Nov time frame. I'm hoping to get some local attendees who have never had the opportunity to see/handle and shoot these type rifles. I will also try to secure some extra ammo in various calibers so that we will be able to all have the opportunity to shoot a lot of different rifles. I will keep you posted.

Sounds good, keep us posted. Definitely interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LydaX15957

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone