Detachable Scope and Airline Travel??

Scope on the rifle in the rifle case is as protected as it’s going to get in a carry-on. I use the limited space in my (appropriate-sized) carry on for things I need on the flight and things I need if I arrive and my luggage doesn’t. And my binocular. Don’t see much upside to putting my scope in my carry on, and putting it in there is just one more potential sticking point at TSA. Yes, it’s allowed, and yes, I’ll eventually prevail, but why give the numbnuts something to be mistaken about? I don’t live in Germany, where the officials both know and follow the rules, I live in the USA.

Scope on the rifle in the rifle case is as protected as it’s going to get in a carry-on. I use the limited space in my (appropriate-sized) carry on for things I need on the flight and things I need if I arrive and my luggage doesn’t. And my binocular. Don’t see much upside to putting my scope in my carry on, and putting it in there is just one more potential sticking point at TSA. Yes, it’s allowed, and yes, I’ll eventually prevail, but why give the numbnuts something to be mistaken about? I don’t live in Germany, where the officials both know and follow the rules, I live in the USA.
Agreed  if the case has sufficient room. I remove both scopes so two guns can fit inside a single gun Pelican Vault. Single gun case is a LOT easier to deal with in airports.
20231024_095201.jpg

Yes. Mine will. I can take the foam out and it will fit, no problem.
Not that I would do that, but I saw the picture and wondered about it. Appreciate the info.

Bit late to the thread and all I can add is What R8 said.

Some, mostly all in Aust., take the "no firearm related items to betaken into the cabin" very literally. :Banghead:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgareitIcesk

Latest profile posts

Bill J H wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Do you still have this rifle? I'm in the KC area on business and I'm very interested.
Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.