Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Safari Club International, GSCO
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Zambia, Tanzania, Cameroon, Ethiopia. Outside of Africa. Pakistan, Azerbaijan ,Tajkistan, Turkey, Spain, New Zealand, Australia , Argentina, Across the US, and numerouse provinces in Canada
In April of 2022 I headed out in search of an adventure that had been calling me since the early 2000's when I first started dreaming of Africa.

That adventure was for the elusive Bongo. One of the first African species I can ever remember seeing in photographs was the Bongo and I instantly knew I had to hunt one. the amazing bell-shaped horns, the bright orange coloration with almost fluorescent white stripes they just stuck out to me.

I started planning this hunt in 2020 and after a few years of planning it finally happened! My good buddy Tyler and I headed to Cameroon in April to hunt with Mayo Oldiri Safaris with Ph's Dan Moore and Dustin Van Staden. This was one of my toughest hunts I’ve done more from a mental stand point than a physical but I will say now that I’ve lost 28 pounds since this hunt when I go do it again I will enjoy it much more.

We experienced so much on this hunt from snakes to dwarf crocodiles.

Its a must see!

I hope you all enjoy it.

Attachments

• bongo 4.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 40
Really great video. I’ve watched before. The scene with the python is most impressive to me.
That was a wild experience for sure thanks for watching!

Fun to have that kind of adventure recorded. Monster bongo, congratulations, well done

Amazing hunt. I think a bongo is on most everyone’s list, maybe not attainable

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Fun to have that kind of adventure recorded. Monster bongo, congratulations, well done
Yes it is, well worth it to have the memories thank you!

Great, just great, congrats :D Cheers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jtumolo18

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!