Any Other Interests???

Fishing, fishing for the ferocious tiger fish to be exact. It is a hobby because I put a lot of emphasis upon the kit, trying to find the acme in quality and functionality.
Because light tackle is so challenging with this ferocious predator your rod and reel are important, just enough stiffness to set the hook, but soft enough thereafter not to pull it out again.
The rod has evolved to a Megabass Pagani Trad, medium action 6ft with a Shimano Calcutta Conquest 51 and 8lb line. Superb drag.
View attachment 593689
And for the next up a Smiths medium action 6'3" with a Calcutta Conquest 31 SE that has yet to be delivered. This is a 10lb outfit.
Both are trigger grips so you are in direct contact with that fish.
You have to use wire trace with those teeth, and the terminal tackle has evolved borrowing tie-able wire from fly fishing and our own design spinners. Great fun and very satisfying!
Are Tiger fish good eating???

Are Tiger fish good eating???
The flesh is great tasting, but it is riddled with tiny sharp bones, so hardly worth the effort. One compromise is to fillet off slabs to exclude as much bone as possible then fry it in batter and pickle it with onions and pepper corns. Three weeks later and the fine bones are less daunting. Unless the fish is badly damaged we just release them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoannaHamb

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.