Trijicon credo or Leupold vx6 lpvo?

Axle2010

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
What are your experiences with these scopes on dg rifles? I just got a 416 Ruger that needs glass, I'm familiar with Lupo and I've talked to Mark about the vx 5 and 6 but the Credo looks really good too. Anybody have experience with both? Thanks for suggestions

for a DG scope, I prefer Leupold--I have a 1-6X24 firedot on my 416 Rigby. for a red dot sight, Trijicon RMR--I put one on my 375 H&H double and love it--it's so good I put one on my 9mm Beretta 92X.

What are your experiences with these scopes on dg rifles? I just got a 416 Ruger that needs glass, I'm familiar with Lupo and I've talked to Mark about the vx 5 and 6 but the Credo looks really good too. Anybody have experience with both? Thanks for suggestions
In my circles the Leupold wins of the two. I've had too many friends sending Trijicon back for repairs. The best scope for DG is the Swaro Z8 1.3-13X. Second is Leupold VX6 2-12x. Check out my video on this subject.

In my circles the Leupold wins of the two. I've had too many friends sending Trijicon back for repairs. The best scope for DG is the Swaro Z8 1.3-13X. Second is Leupold VX6 2-12x. Check out my video on this subject.
I saw that video, I didn't know you were on this forum. Great video but the Swaro is a bit more than what I'm willing to pay, it's awesome glass just beyond my point of diminishing returns. I'm thinking I need to go with another Leupold. Thanks for your input and the video.

Can't compare for you, but can only write of my VX-6 and VX-6HD 1-6x experience which has all been positive. They have lived on my MRC 375 H&H for over 7 years. Been to Africa 4 trips. Worked well and reliably from 15 yards at night on caracal to 350+- yards on blesbuck as well as under 30 on Cape Buffalo. They have been in QR mounts so I have a backup. Easily fired over 1,000 rounds without a hick-up. Only switched out to test the aim point before each trip and always returned to "0".
Best of luck in your pursuit of perfection!

My vote is the Leupold VX 6 1-6 also

the electronics are in the center of the scope instead of in the eyepiece. I like the glass on my lighted reticle Swarovski scopes. But the eye piece is enormous and needs to be considered for bolt clearance. The leupold on off works better also.

I watched the video. Cost me C$4000. But I LOVE that scope. It lives on my .375 H&H barrel and I can't imagine a better combination.

Thanks for the excellent video Philip.

I watched the video. Cost me C$4000. But I LOVE that scope. It lives on my .375 H&H barrel and I can't imagine a better combination.

Thanks for the excellent video Philip.
Thank you. Glad I could be a bad influence

My vote is the Leupold VX 6 1-6 also

the electronics are in the center of the scope instead of in the eyepiece. I like the glass on my lighted reticle Swarovski scopes. But the eye piece is enormous and needs to be considered for bolt clearance. The leupold on off works better also.
No bolt clearance issues with the R8 . Just saying.

“No bolt clearance issues with the R8 . Just saying.”

Phillip, you are correct also no issues with a pump, lever action or semi auto.

But in a CRF, as most people prefer. that huge eyepiece is something that needs to be considered.

I have them on two rifles and have worked around it, but between eye relief and the bolt lift, it Has to be factored considered.

My point With a VX6, it’s a normal size eyepiece. And if I were buying again, I would go with a Leopold VX6 over my Swarovski’s

^^^ THIS ^^^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimmy 9.3

Latest profile posts

dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair
Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !