Travel, Adventure, and Safari Packs

CZDiesel

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
United States
Interested in what light Travel, Adventure, and Safari Packs you all use? I’m not talking about a Guide Packs or even a large Hunting Packs used here in the Western US! And I’m also not talking about a book bag used for travel or school! But a serious Adventure Pack that you would use for travel, adventure, hiking, Safari, or GoBag!

I use a Millican “Smith the Roll Pack” and have travelled with it and used it for my 72hr GoBag for years! It has been tossed around, thrown in pick-up truck beds, rained on, and thrown over my shoulder for years and has done a great job! Still looks new and travels well with the stitching and buckles having zero issues as it has no external zippers, a bonus in my book!
It’s large enough to hold two 1.5l bottles, a front pocket for documents, the main pack holds three days of emergency food, backup pharmaceuticals, small med bag, poncho, light jacket, light blanket, para cord, multi-tool, 10x10 tarp for lean-to, fire starting tools, and cup and plate! Attached to the front single molle attachment point is an Army Trauma Med Pack!
Also fits a Beretta 84, two spare mags, and a box of 50 extra rounds when used as a GoBag. All this in a very light, small, durable, pack that looks unassuming…
Now obviously the contents of the Millican are changed up depending on the travel, destination, and the mission of the pack…

Curious what you are using?

IMG_0217.jpeg
IMG_0220.jpeg
IMG_0221.jpeg

For a safari the smaller the better. I use a 5.11 sling pack and it normally stay on the truck.

I am another fan of 5.11 packs and have 3 sizes:D

But this is my "go bag"

I use a 5:11 pack also and keep all the essentials in it: first aid kit, extra ammo, extra knife, fire starter, paracord, emergency blanket, energy bars etc, etc. It is mainly a survival back pack just in case something goes wrong. 90% of the time it stays in the truck....Go figure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waybet88

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair