Taxidermist Recommendation?

I just had 16 animals done in SA, 14 shoulder/pedestal, 1 full body and 1 rug. Plus a back skin rug, gun case and shell holder belt from my buffalo hide made. Taxidermy + extras was $7800 shipping was $3300. Quality was great, service was great. Plus turnaround was only 12 months, Hunted in July 22, received trophies July 23.
Which taxidermist did you use?

I watched the splitting image video today they make a heck of a good argument for getting it done in RSA and with the shipping problems now days ‍♂️♂️

Splitting Image is who I am using for my Cape Buffalo and Crocodile.

I watched the splitting image video today they make a heck of a good argument for getting it done in RSA and with the shipping problems now days ‍♂️♂️

Careful! I have been waiting 10 months for my dip / pack and 2 carved heads to ship.
Just this week my dip and pack reached Badger cargo. My carved heads are not done . The sales manager says that their carver has issues so he will ship the carvings to me when they are done for no charge.

Last edited:
Update : splitting image got my carvings done and they will ship with our Buffalo etc. on Sept 17 via Badger cargo. Good news after 10 months.

Update : splitting image got my carvings done and they will ship with our Buffalo etc. on Sept 17 via Badger cargo. Good news after 10 months.
Glad we got your carving done.
We certainly do apologise for the delay in getting your order home. We know you will be thrilled with the carving work on those skulls.

so 3k for a Kudu shoulder mount isn’t going to work. Price needs to be logical.
Good point, and great sense of humor! (y)

I paid my kudu shoulder mount, 400 eur. (or maybe it was 500?) But in any case, that was the level of payment.

But it is at my place, overseas, EU. Shipping costs would make the effort pointless in your case.

I used High Point taxidermy in Thornville, OH for my last trip.
8666.jpeg

Glad we got your carving done.
We certainly do apologise for the delay in getting your order home. We know you will be thrilled with the carving work on those skulls.

Trouble happens , next year I’ll be back and you will do my work again !
Warrick was a problem solver and told me the truth !

Who did the taxidermy work for you in RSA?
I just had 16 animals done in SA, 14 shoulder/pedestal, 1 full body and 1 rug. Plus a back skin rug, gun case and shell holder belt from my buffalo hide made. Taxidermy + extras was $7800 shipping was $3300. Quality was great, service was great. Plus turnaround was only 12 months, Hunted in July 22, received trophies Jul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
baba sam

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!