Statistics 101: How To Actually Interpret Accuracy & Build Loads

Shooting east and west or north and south.

During the Moons Parigee or Apogee

One such precession is the apsidal precession. The line from the Earth to the point at which the Moon reaches perigee does not point to a fixed position in space. It instead precesses with a period of about 8.85 years. This is what results in the so-called supermoons, which occur when the Moon's orbit is close to perigee when the Moon is full.

Another such precession is the nodal precession. The line of nodes (where the Moon crosses from above to below the ecliptic, and vice versa), also precesses, but with a period of about 18.6 years. We only get eclipses when the Moon is very close to a node at a syzygy (either a full Moon, resulting in a lunar eclipse, or a new Moon, resulting in a solar eclipse).

You would need these added into your formula

Gravity and the planets rotation are different through the days, weeks and years.

Groups over weeks, months and years at 100 yards and 1 mile are impacted by these

Your DOPE book would need to track all of these ATM effects

Sorry I couldn’t help myself
Now that is A professional :A Stirring: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks for taking the time to write this up. I am sure it will foster discussion.

I have actually done most of your suggested steps for load development. No calipers though. Are the little holes all together or not?

Three under a quarter ($.25) at 100 yards was always the standard growing up.

"Is this accurate enough for what the rifle and load is intended to do?" (Spot on)

I am going to just keep rolling the dice with my three shot groups to check the rifle annually and continue to hope they knock those deer over. So, "Sub Deer Lung" accuracy will just have to do. :)

I will also continue to hope they produce that bullet, primer, brass and powder so i don't have to do it all over again.
Yes after reading that I think I’ll shoot for SDL (Sub Deer Lung) instead of the MOA

@D.M.V
CFE223 isn't a novelty powder that's been around a few years now. It's very versatile and can be used in a lot of cartridges from 204 Ruger up to 375H&H. In some cases it gives a real velocity boost. I use it it the 223, 308 and my Whelen.
In my son's 308 I get 2,950fps with 150gr accubonds and Hornady SSTs and it's bitty groups. It really makes the Whelen get up and sing.
It's a great powder very versatile.
Bob
Thanks Bob I’ve taken a note of that powder and when I run out of N140 I’ll give this a go. There’s a lot more of it in stock than N140 due to the Reach act in the UK. Have you tried it in 6.5 cm, 7,08 or 7x57 cheers

Thanks Bob I’ve taken a note of that powder and when I run out of N140 I’ll give this a go. There’s a lot more of it in stock than N140 due to the Reach act in the UK. Have you tried it in 6.5 cm, 7,08 or 7x57 cheers
@Sideshow
No I haven't got any of those calibres. 22,25,398 &35 suits me fine and dandy. I did try it in my 270 with 110 grainers and it was outstanding .
Bob

I was making a smart a$$ point. I of course don’t worry about any of that
Notwithstanding, of course, both the coriolis and magnus effects as described by the total parabolic area and apogee of the flight path and spin rate, respectively, affecting the aforementioned multivariate statistical, predictive analysis. :)

Thanks for taking the time to say what needed to be said. I always found it annoying when every gun review would involve shooting a bunch of 3-round groups until eventually getting one small enough and conclude “shoots sub MOA with the right load” and/or “if I do my part”. May as well have shot a one-round group.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeaganHerr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.