Southern France Stag Hunt Taxadermist shipping quote

D-Orcutt

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
My brother and I will be hunting in southern France for Red Stag in October, I just got the quote from them for there shipping quote and it seams pretty steep on all the extra fees like 300 euro per animal to crate and then charging per animal for each step of the process is this normal? Or should I try to find a different taxidermist there?

Just a guess, but it's likely your animal(s) will be on one set of paperwork and your brother's on a separate set of paperwork. So yes, there are many charges along the way and they do tend to add up.

Some countries allow all the animals to be listed under one name, if it's a father/son or father/daughter type of hunt.

Does $300 include them boiling and cleaning the skull? That’s not that bad if it does. How many are you planning to shoot?

Some countries allow all the animals to be listed under one name, if it's a father/son or father/daughter type of hunt.
It’s the US that requires them shipped separately. A hunter can legally do it for an under 18 son or daughter but that’s it. However, a non-cites animal like a red stag would be very easy to list under 1 name if 1 hunter would claim both.

Planning on 1 stag 1 chamois 1 roe deer my brother will just be hunting 1 stag and the part that is bothering me is the little fees per animal not total like xray, pick up fee drop off fee plus shipping per animal not total

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AundreaHal

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.