Hunting show choices

gearguywb

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunted
S. Africa, Namibia, Alaska, Germany
My spouse and I have attended the Wild Sheep Show the last few years.

It has been several ( a lot!) of years since we have been to SCI.

We are looking at doing either SCI in Nashville or the Dallas Safari Club show this coming year (in addition to the sheep show). Any suggestions as to which to attend?

Dallas SC will be in Atlanta for the next few years.

We'll be going to DSC in Atlanta.

Although we prefer DSC, we will be going to Nashville. Atlanta is just not a great city to spend time in.

Any real reason (other than choice of city's) to go to one or the other?

I've never been to DSC, but from what I'm told its more relaxed. SCI in Nashville was an amazing show for us to attend.

Any real reason (other than choice of city's) to go to one or the other?

When they were in Dallas and Vegas respectively, we found the Dallas show more laid back and easier to visit with folks. It didn’t help that we despise Vegas.

It’s a brave new world with Nashville and Atlanta. We went to Nashville last year and loved it.

I had never been to either show until SCI in 2022, when they moved to Nashville. That is my only point of reference. I went again this year and plan on going back as long as it is in Nashville. It’s within driving distance for me. There are so many interesting things to see and do there plus it gives me the opportunity to meet with potential PH/Outfitters face to face. I’m sure the same can be said for DSC. Since it is moving to Atlanta I plan on going next year that that show as well. I don’t typically like to spend any time in Atlanta if I don’t have to but I’m going to give DSC a try.

My spouse and I have attended the Wild Sheep Show the last few years.

It has been several ( a lot!) of years since we have been to SCI.

We are looking at doing either SCI in Nashville or the Dallas Safari Club show this coming year (in addition to the sheep show). Any suggestions as to which to attend?
SCI is a great show and Nashville has made it even better. I am very involved in SCI and enjoy all that convention offers. I usually go to several banquets and they are truly professionally done events.
DSC has always been a fun event but next year is a bit of an uncertainly.
Ive been to Wild sheep once and may go next year. I don't know why I would fly to Atlanta versus going to Wild Sheep?

You could come to Jagd and Hund in Dortmund Germany. I think it is the last week of January next year. Die Hoe Jagd is in Salzburg Austria and it is usually 2 weeks later. Usually around Presidents day weekend in February.

Either way do not come on a weekend, the American shows will be way bigger.

You'll see things you have never seen at an American show like Ferlach best guns, and Mercedes Benz pickups!

I prefer the American shows. I am not interested in SCI outside of Reno/Vegas but apparently that is what it is now.

Been to sheep, never been to DSC.

Been to some local shows like Midland SCI.

I am life members of both and we have been to both. I much prefer the atmosphere of the DSC show. That said, Nashville is a much better venue location than Atlanta. To put not too fine a point on it, about the only place I would rather not go would be Chicago. If we go next year, it will be to the Music City.

I am life members of both and we have been to both. I much prefer the atmosphere of the DSC show. That said, Nashville is a much better venue location than Atlanta. To put not too fine a point on it, about the only place I would rather not go would be Chicago. If we go next year, it will be to the Music City.

Agreed. I endure Atlanta every time I fly. I apologize to any who live in Atlanta and enjoy it, but I will not go there unless I absolutely have to. We will be in Nashville next year.

Doubt I go up either one next year, no reason. 2026 Nashville, I will not be going to Atlanta. I will return to DSC if it returns back to Dallas or still functioning.

Life members x 2 on both. We used to go to both but last couple of years and going forward will be Nashville. Not an Atlanta fan…

HH

The convention center and hotels in Atlanta are first class. The people are 'Texas friendly'. That will be a great show.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasLe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.