Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
South Africa (Limpopo, Eastern Cape & Kalahari), Nicaragua, FL, CA, SD, GA, SC, CO
Has anyone shipped a handgun lately? I just did, and it cost $222.00 to ship it next day air, plus transfer fee to Aurora, CO. :E Sad: I was told by the gunshop that handguns have to be shipped next day air due to liability. Ouch!!!!! :mad: :mad:

I shipped one last year USPS. Think it cost me $30.

Never heard of the "next day air" rule. Can your FFL produce this regulation in print?

I shipped one last year USPS. Think it cost me $30.

Never heard of the "next day air" rule. Can your FFL produce this regulation in print?
Have heard of it.

Usually go to my LGS and pay them to ship it for me to avoid the overnight fees.

I don’t know, he put the info in the computer and the cost was $166, plus transfer fee, tax = $222.00. Not many places here ship firearms.

An FFL may ship via USPS. My FFL ships mine via Priority Mail for about $20 plus $20 transfer fee. They may also be shipped via Registered Mail with signature chain of custody for the entire trip. This of course takes longer than Priority Mail.

FedEx and UPS require overnight shipping which is very expensive. Both refuse to ship any firearms if one isn't an FFL holder.

Yeah, I think my buddy and I got hosed.

As above, FFL can use USPS, but it means they have to physically send someone to the PO and thats a PITA.
My dealer uses UPS 2 day air, not overnight, I dont think thats a legal requirement. I shipped one a couple weeks ago thru the FFL and its was $133 with transfer fee but I expected that. Told the buyer I would only charge him half and eat the rest, otherwise who is going to pay that much up front and still buy the gun?
It sucks but its the world we live in. My old now retired FFL guy would do USPS for me for about $50 total, but thats over with.

For Handguns. UPS and ATF does require 2nd day not overnight. All handguns from suppliers arrive 2nd day air to us. That's how we ship handguns. USPS is cheaper for sure, but as many packages that are lost in Houston Distribution right now we can't and won't ship USPS. I had a rifle being sent 80 miles was all to us. After 11 days we had to call Postal Inspector and ATF. It all of a sudden shows up 2 days later.

UPS is not as expensive as some think.
I just shipped 2 handguns to an AHers FFL in Midwest from Texas. $75. Was all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarioWinsl

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?