Rolex- the stupidest, lamest company

Serious question, how many of you would wear your Rolex or Omega, or GS doing farm work, changing oil, or anything along those lines where you know it’s going to get dirty or beat up. I’m genuinely curious about the beatings your watches have taken.

When working on machinery, my personal rule is no jewelry of any sort, including watches.

A friend of mine does wear his Rolex except when he has to reach his arm up into the machinery far enough to get snagged on something, He usually removes it after it gets caught a couple of times.

His Rolex I might add, is one that he inherited from his late uncle, who served in the Navy during the 1930s and '40s. Apparently it stopped working at some point and the uncle stopped wearing it. So when my friend inherited it, the watch was in its original box, along with the receipt from the Naval Exchange store. Following several false-starts at repair with a jewelry store, I placed him in contact with an actual watchmaker who also happens to be an authorized repairer and who was able to properly service it. He wears it pretty much everywhere now, and yes that includes changing oil, haying and most other tasks.

i have:
Datejust 1601
GMT Master 2 “batman”
explorer 2
1680 submariner

i wasnt a huge rolex fan when i got into watches, but grew into it. i wear the explorer 2 as my daily wearer. took the oyster bracelet off and put a leather strap on it.

im also a huge IWC fan

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You know I'm not being serious!

The preceding 32 pages have been interesting and entertaining. Yes I have a Rolex was given to me by my wife in 1964 as I was scuba diving at the time wore it for about 15 years and stopped scuba so watch went in a drawer. Only use the IPhone today best of all watches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AundreaHal

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.