Question about websites from clients perspective, we are building a new one!

Extra step? You are concerned about taking an extra step in researching an outfitted hunt where you are potentially going to be spending thousands of dollars?

Just in browsing the handful of websites of sponsors of this site with impeccable reputations, less than half of them have their pricing listed on their website. I doubt any of these outfitters place no value on their prospective client's time or are "too lazy" to post pricing.

Like I said in my OP that you quoted from, price is not the driving criteria for me in researching and vetting an outfitter. There are many more important criteria to research and vet above price. Browsing an outfitter's website is just a beginning in what will be a long line of conversations and emails before I book a hunt. I have no problem with discussing price in that initial conversation.
from an outfitters perspective , i will post prices on my site at least in USD , I believe it shows that all customers are quoted the same! and possible clients can see if prices change over a certain time frame

yes price is not the only thing to consider in most everything in life, interesting that most of my bookings I get there is rarely much talk about the prices......

the website will be up soon! final meeting with developer this week!

our website is live , we tried our best to add all the info and their are still a few things to add and sort out on it, but the web developer will teach me how to operate it over the next couple of weeks

here is the link,

any feedback will be much appreciated

Henry
I went through your web site, and I find it flawless.
it is equally informative and interesting for a beginner, and for experienced hunter.
Visually it is also very pleasant to the eye.

In my opinion, this is a model how an outfitters web page should look like, you have all information provided for any question a client may ask.
Just reading through it, it gives me a clear picture what to expect!
Well done!

That is a great website. Very good idea asking clients what they want.

A common issue with websites is the cost to build and maintain them. So many get out of date with their photo galleries and client and price lists.

One simple and cheap work around is to provide a link to your social media or other ways for the owner to update often and free.

Well thought out and comprehensive.

our website is live , we tried our best to add all the info and their are still a few things to add and sort out on it, but the web developer will teach me how to operate it over the next couple of weeks

here is the link,

any feedback will be much appreciated

Henry - Very good website and should make things more efficient for potential clients. Two comments are if you do have rental rifles I would include some info. about them. Maybe I missed it but I did not see. At least the rental rate and possibly some pics of the guns if you want to take it to the next level. Also, more accomodation/camp pics cannot hurt. Again, I think it is great. Cheers

Henry, your new website is terrific. Right on the mark.

Number one for me that has been said is prices
I do a cost analysis of every hunt
Up date everything only one year passed
Current Recommendations & Reviews

I did enjoy your new website, easy to navigate and full of all of the pertinent information. However I did notice in the hunting trophy pictures a couple of grysbok (I think, scarred screen on my phone) and saw no mention of a trophy fee for them.

I did enjoy your new website, easy to navigate and full of all of the pertinent information. However I did notice in the hunting trophy pictures a couple of grysbok (I think, scarred screen on my phone) and saw no mention of a trophy fee for them.
Sorry, I was looking at a different websites gallery, not yours. Yours is still top shelf!

Henry
I went through your web site, and I find it flawless.
it is equally informative and interesting for a beginner, and for experienced hunter.
Visually it is also very pleasant to the eye.

In my opinion, this is a model how an outfitters web page should look like, you have all information provided for any question a client may ask.
Just reading through it, it gives me a clear picture what to expect!
Well done!
thank you much appreciated!

Henry - Very good website and should make things more efficient for potential clients. Two comments are if you do have rental rifles I would include some info. about them. Maybe I missed it but I did not see. At least the rental rate and possibly some pics of the guns if you want to take it to the next level. Also, more accomodation/camp pics cannot hurt. Again, I think it is great. Cheers
thank you yes we will be adding much more pictures now that its build, noted on the Rifles will look to add it in near future,

thank you Mark,

Happiness is expectation matching reality. Happy clients are created by showing them where they will hunt, what they will hunt, how much it costs, and what both your and their expectations should be for the hunt.

Pictures are better than words…and often better than video. Hire a professional photographer to get GOOD photos of camp, vehicles, dinner, shooting, and similar…good lighting and scene composition.

Use photos that have action and emotion…it conveys to the client. Photos of smiling happy people, serious faces stalking game…kids being kids. It communicates human experience and ties emotion to the photo.

Tie your experience to history with vintage Africa photos as background to give it a “why” and a passion that transcends simply killing animals. You want to evoke a spiritual journey through history that links the modern hunter to Ruark, Capstick, Selby, Bell, Longden…as you are offering a way for hunters to join their fraternity.

Lastly, open ended and accommodating to fathers and sons…men love their son and dream about their boy walking the red dirt beside them. Make it possible to create 2 sets of boot tracks…one father and one son, side by side.

some very good ideas, we will for sure work to improve our pictures over time!
Happiness is expectation matching reality. Happy clients are created by showing them where they will hunt, what they will hunt, how much it costs, and what both your and their expectations should be for the hunt.

Pictures are better than words…and often better than video. Hire a professional photographer to get GOOD photos of camp, vehicles, dinner, shooting, and similar…good lighting and scene composition.

Use photos that have action and emotion…it conveys to the client. Photos of smiling happy people, serious faces stalking game…kids being kids. It communicates human experience and ties emotion to the photo.

Tie your experience to history with vintage Africa photos as background to give it a “why” and a passion that transcends simply killing animals. You want to evoke a spiritual journey through history that links the modern hunter to Ruark, Capstick, Selby, Bell, Longden…as you are offering a way for hunters to join their fraternity.

Lastly, open ended and accommodating to fathers and sons…men love their son and dream about their boy walking the red dirt beside them. Make it possible to create 2 sets of boot tracks…one father and one son, side by side.

Easy to navigate lay out. Links easily found to a good contact , with location of camps.
Current pictures of hunts. Dates of pictures are great.
Pricing easy to see and laid out. One of the first things I look for is pricing. If it’s to expensive I stop right there. Still might look but I know not to waste my and your time.
Good description of the hunts, how they are conducted , terrain, clothing needs etc.
medical is help close, first aid available, aspirin and Tylenol in camp ?

Easy to navigate lay out. Links easily found to a good contact , with location of camps.
Current pictures of hunts. Dates of pictures are great.
Pricing easy to see and laid out. One of the first things I look for is pricing. If it’s to expensive I stop right there. Still might look but I know not to waste my and your time.
Good description of the hunts, how they are conducted , terrain, clothing needs etc.
medical is help close, first aid available, aspirin and Tylenol in camp ?
To add on.
I think most that go on first time safari are not new hunters but new to traveling with fire arms and trophy’s.
How to get the trophies to the taxidermist and back to the states. Shipping etc
I would make it easy to understand for some one that’s never been. From booking to preparing to go and eventually getting back home including the trophies.
My first safari was last summer.
And the took excellent care of us and we had a great time. The only thing I have wish for a bit more improvement on is information on trophy care, taxidermy and shipping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MayJason

Latest profile posts

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg