Politics

Regardless of how you and I feel about it, the incident as she reported in her book turned off many voters and they are the ones that count.

Her editors, agent, and political advisors urged her not to include the story in her book but she insisted as, in her mind, it showed her toughness and that she wasn't "namby bamby".
Frankly what is worse are her press appearances since all this has hit the fan. This is from the News Nation interview.

Or getting hammered by Newsmax - hardly a leftwing bastion

Even on Varney & Co

We already have one weaver of fables in the White House now. He at least has the excuse of senility. The sad thing about Noem is this was so utterly avoidable. Even now were she to somehow shoot straight on this it might be recoverable, but she is, dodging, weaving. and playing victim.

WOW!! Just watched those video clips. That was PAINFUL. Her insistent "Nothing to see here" and dodging the questions :oops:... I guess maybe a possible silver lining for her is maybe more people will buy the book to see what the fuss is about. :p

I was impressed with her early on. In recent months, as she became an overt Trump fanboy while early jockeying for a possible VP selection, I started to realize I might have been wrong. Watching those videos clips? Crikey. :X3:

Last edited:
MTG has filed a privileged motion to eject the speaker of the house. A vote that must be done in 2 days.
Granted, the woman has big balls, and I don't care for the speaker either. Now is not the time for more drama and nonsense.
Going to have to muster as much Republican unity as possible leading into the elections.

There's an old funny story, which I doubt is true, but funny nonetheless:

Back in the 1970s, the Dallas Cowboy's legendary coach, Tom Landry, had an open invitation from a Texas rancher to come hunt on his ranch. So Landry asked his tight ends coach, Mike Ditka, if he wanted to go hunting with him. Ditka said sure, the football season wasn't going too well and a day away from work might be exactly what they needed.

Landry and Ditka drive up to the ranch and Landry hops out of the car and knocks on the door to let the rancher know they had arrived. The rancher asked Landry if he'd do him a small favor. An old horse needed to be shot and the rancher just couldn't bring himself to do it. Landry reluctantly agreed, got a description of the horse and where it was located.

Landry walks back to the car, gets in and decides to have a little fun with Ditka. Landry told Ditka that the rancher had rescinded the offer to let them hunt, because the Cowboys were playing so bad. Landry proceeds to drive around the ranch and spots the horse that needs to be dispatched. Landry slams on the breaks, jumps out of the car, loads his rifle and tells Ditka he's mad as hell about this and shoots the horse. But before he can tell Ditka the truth, Ditka has also gotten out of the car, loaded his rifle and proceeds to shoot two other horses.

Not sure if they were ever invited back.
Jerry Clower has the same joke (about his uncles farm and a city boy he took with him)

Jerry Clower has the same joke (about his uncles farm and a city boy he took with him)
There is a Cajun version as well.

I was going to rebut each one of "disappointed assertions" individually with the actual facts, but what's the point? Your mind is obviously made up, and no amount of facts or evidence I produce is going to change it...
I agree, we clearly inhabit different information spheres. I also think that Trump’s greatest strength as a politician is his ability to make everyone hear what they want from him. Regardless, I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

As far as Trump's cabinet, they were collectively an all-star line-up compared to the clown show of DEI appointments in this current Administration. Both Barr and Pompeo proved themselves as very competent performers capable of functioning independently and without intimidation from Trump... Haley, Carson, Perry, Zenke, DeVos, Haspel, Ratcliff, to name a few were all competent solid, conservative performers on Trump's Administration.
Thank you, I forgot to mention Haley and Haspel as two picks that impressed me.

Your disappointment in regard to the pursuit of a balanced budget was never one of Trump's campaign promises. He ran on the admission that he would have to spend some money domestically especially in regard to restoring military readiness...
You are correct. Trump only said he would eliminate the national deficit in 8 years. I read into that to mean that he would pursue a balanced budget.

I'm sure it's no surprise that your recollection of Trump's border record is different than mine... Trump's policies made a significant impact on controlling the mess at the border with multiple EO's including the remain in Mexico policy, allowing ICE to deport, and ending catch & release... Unfortunately, Trump had no legislative support on this as well... If you recall accurately, early on he proposed immigration reform legislation that even included a deal for the dreamers, (which I personally vehemently disliked), that was rejected by both sides.
Every Republican politician talks tough on immigration, and Trump certainly delivered a lot more than most. He should receive credit for that. However, what separated Trump from all of the other Republicans in 2016 was that he proposed a dramatically different vision of immigration enforcement. He was certainly not a failure at the border like Biden has been, but that does not mean it is not disappointing that he did not do more.
Lastly, Trump never ran as, or claimed he would be a unifier... He ran on the promise to make America great again by once again impowering the forgotten, hard-working men and women who felt disenfranchised by their government for the previous 8 years. He vowed to restore the belief success could be achieved through hard work and personal merit, rather than by equity, diversity and identity politics... That's the absolutely LAST thing the liberals in this country wanted... He never ran to appease them. He ran to fight them and the radical, nonsensical, destructive ideologies that they have been trying to institute...

Every time Biden does something good, like his speeches on campus protests and antisemitism, he has to go and do something like this. I have tried to give him latitude to navigate the politics of an election year, but this latest move is just racing toward that red line for me.

One last clip that I can't resist posting. Apparently Noem was supposed to appear on Gutfeld and canceled at the last moment (probably one of her wiser decisions in the last few days). Dana Perino then stood in for Noem. It was pretty funny. When a conservative is the subject of satire on Fox it is time to pack it in and go home.

I quite like Gutfeld. Nothing is going to get a comedian like him to go harder at someone than when they try to avoid criticism.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VallieCurr

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.