NRA wayne La pierre

How is this act any different than Trump using donations to pay his personal legal bills? Heck, with the change in leadership in RNC to his DIL etc., expect the RNC funds to be his piggybank as well.
Trump had a charitable organization. It was found to be a scam.

Yes, I understand. However, this isn't business. It's political. Different people can have different, and sometimes extreme, views. With a political organization, I think 20 is a good number. It makes people evaluate things, hear other perspectives pro/con and then build a consensus because you have to or nothing passes. It also isolates nut-jobs and reduces their power. I've been on very diverse boards with landowners, outfitters, sportsmen, conservation group reps, environmentalists, etc... where we voted many times 20-0 on items headed to our Colorado Wildlife Commission. It's tough work but when something comes forward with a 20-0 recommendation, it was then passed by the WC and accepted by the game department.
Scott, the NRA is a Business (their empolyes are paid and their ”Business” is lobbying & marketing public and political support for the 2nd amendment. I agree with your point that too few on a Board risks Not enough opinions are shared - I’m not sure 20 are needed but somewhere there is a “number” that should work (between 12 to 20?). My opinion - there must be ONE final decision maker or nothing gets done — a Committee can only evaluate and make recommendations ===NO Committee can ever make a “decision”. If the Final Decision Maker isn’t getting the desired results - fire/replace them.

Scott, the NRA is a Business (their empolyes are paid and their ”Business” is lobbying & marketing public and political support for the 2nd amendment. I agree with your point that too few on a Board risks Not enough opinions are shared - I’m not sure 20 are needed but somewhere there is a “number” that should work (between 12 to 20?). My opinion - there must be ONE final decision maker or nothing gets done — a Committee can only evaluate and make recommendations ===NO Committee can ever make a “decision”. If the Final Decision Maker isn’t getting the desired results - fire/replace them.
Yes it employs people but its business is deciding on policies and what gun regs to fight or support. It's a bit different in my mind than manufacturing widgets or selling a service. It's much easier to decide what to make or what to sell than what to lobby for/against with so many opinions these days. Twelve people would be too small for my liking but to each their own.

Yes, I understand. However, this isn't business. It's political. Different people can have different, and sometimes extreme, views. With a political organization, I think 20 is a good number. It makes people evaluate things, hear other perspectives pro/con and then build a consensus because you have to or nothing passes. It also isolates nut-jobs and reduces their power. I've been on very diverse boards with landowners, outfitters, sportsmen, conservation group reps, environmentalists, etc... where we voted many times 20-0 on items headed to our Colorado Wildlife Commission. It's tough work but when something comes forward with a 20-0 recommendation, it was then passed by the WC and accepted by the game department.
"Other perspectives" coming out of the NRA? Really? Not in my lifetime.

Yes it employs people but its business is deciding on policies and what gun regs to fight or support. It's a bit different in my mind than manufacturing widgets or selling a service. It's much easier to decide what to make or what to sell than what to lobby for/against with so many opinions these days. Twelve people would be too small for my liking but to each their own.
SCOTT: Same as any other business (or Battle Plan) in principle - You have an Objective or Goal (Mission) that you want to reach, you develop a strategy & implement tactics to get there. Changes are made as needed but the Objective/Mission remains the same. Most of today’s corporate business Executive structure is based on the Military and has been in use successfully for 1000s of years. There is No need to change the structure but you are correct - the People need to be changed/Upgraded and always held accountable. The Military does a great job of holding Officers accountable - often harshly so

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColetteJ48

Latest profile posts

BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.