Rare Breed

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
I have shown i’m not a tire kicker…i know what i want. I want to experience the land Robert Rourk and Harry Selby experienced for buffalo. My research says that is in Northern Tanzania. Please chime in outfitters so i can set something up for 26.

please PM me

Thanks!!!

I have shown i’m not a tire kicker…i know what i want. I want to experience the land Robert Rourk and Harry Selby experienced for buffalo. My research says that is in Northern Tanzania. Please chime in outfitters so i can set something up for 26.

please PM me

Thanks!!!
Good luck with your planning! Can’t wait to read the report!!

please PM me

Thanks!!!

I have put the spreadsheet to all the Northern Tanzania outfitters at DSC. The low is 60k the high is 90k for the animals I want.

And by the way, all the outfitters said a Buffalo in the North is very difficult, unless you hunt the rainy season, otherwise they suggest an area change, of course that increases the cost.

Last edited:
I have put the spreadsheet to all the Northern Tanzania outfitters at DSC. The low is 60k the high is 90k for the animals I want.

And by the way, all the outfitters said a Buffalo in the North is very difficult, unless you hunt the rainy season, otherwise they suggest an area change, of course that increases the cost.
would to see what you discovered in your search. please pm me. greatly appreciated

Apart from the romance and the nostalgia, is a $36000 buffalo hunt three times as good as a $12000 one? Or twice as good as an $18K hunt? Even so, the main reason to do a hunt is simply that you want to........I fully understand that....hoping you find exactly what you're after @Rare Breed ...................FWB

Thanks so very much!!! You are spot on…my research has produced about 2.5 times the cost for the experience plus don’t forget the added luxury items of Tsete Flies. I completely understand the extra cost given the costs the outfitters have to pay, forget making a profit. To your point I will be back with one if my very favorite @TSALA HUNTING SAFARIS in 2026 versus Tanzania or Zambia for my fourth buff.

@Rare Breed I think your research is fantastic and all forms part of the hunt.

However, geography does not determine the success of a hunt. You might book an expensive hunt in the "right" area but end up having a disappointing hunt. Alternatively, you could experience an amazing hunt elsewhere.

What I am alluding to is that a successful safari is a complex cake to bake, and it requires many ingredients, expertly put together, so that it tastes as great as it looks.

Good luck with your search and your research. My advice is, if your expectations are met, you have a good hunt. If they are exceeded, you will have a memorable and amazing experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bvanpelt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.