Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NMLRA, SCI,
Hunted
East Cape, South Africa, Zimbabwe
I need a drilling expert to help me to properly identify a GUNWERKSLUTHSUHL (?), 16 X 16, 9.3 X 72R, fully engraved. There looks to be an engraving of a 2 headed bird,wings spread, inside a wreath. Has whar appears to be a 5 digit serial number.

Push forward underlever in front of trigger guard. Grip thumb latch to raise single rear sight and switch from shotgun to 9.3 x 72R under barrel.

There is a 5 spare cartridge box that is fully engraved in the bottom of the buttstock. Barrel and buttstock mounted sling rings.

Fully engraved "rabbit ear" hammers.

Each 16 gauge barrels can take 2-3/4 inch shell

I wasn't able to get pictures of the Drilling.

Overall the action locks up fairly tight. Has ejector, good firing pins, 2 triggers, front trigger is adjustable, slight pitting in all 3 barrels near chambers, rifling is excellent, shotgun barrels are not Damascus, plain front rifle sight, barrels measure 25 inches +/- chamber to muzzle, doesn't appear to show any stress, about 25% bluing, gun weights guesstimating 5 to 6 pounds, Mounte Carlo style cheek piece, ribbed black plastic butt plate.

From what little information and photos I could find, I can only guess this to be a pre war German Drilling.

The other 2 Drillings:

One looked to be a Guild gun with scope mounts, no rings. Plain metal, box lock.

Second was more questionable as it was also fully engraved, "rabbit ear" hammers, barrel selector on grip, no clean markings as the on I initially described at the beginning. Barrels looked to have been reblued, stressed near the muzzle.

Any information will greatly appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrittneyCl

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.