Medical Insurance

wbjorkman

Reaction score
Hello! I apologize if this has already been asked, but I searched a bit and couldn’t find an answer. I’m looking at purchasing a short term health insurance plan, as my regular health insurance will not cover me outside of the United States. I understand global rescue/ ripcord will get me home, I’m wondering what you’ve used as far as actual in country medical coverage. Thank you all!

I contacted my home owners insurance (American Family) and they had a company they del with do not remember the name, a 250,000 policy was only like 85.00.

I purchase a Geo Blue policy before each trip to cover me for just incase something happens. I have Blue Cross Blue Shield here at home and it's an international add on plan. 1 million in coverage for under $150 for the trip. This is in addition to Global Rescue.

I purchase a Geo Blue policy before each trip to cover me for just incase something happens. I have Blue Cross Blue Shield here at home and it's an international add on plan. 1 million in coverage for under $150 for the trip. This is in addition to Global Rescue.
Thanks! I did end up going with Geo Blue.

Ever have to file a claim with them? How was it?

Hello! I apologize if this has already been asked, but I searched a bit and couldn’t find an answer. I’m looking at purchasing a short term health insurance plan, as my regular health insurance will not cover me outside of the United States. I understand global rescue/ ripcord will get me home, I’m wondering what you’ve used as far as actual in country medical coverage. Thank you all!
I have used many different options. For RSA I no longer buy the medical evacuation most of the time. For Zim and similar I have used both Global Rescue and a Ripcord. If I have many trips in a year that warrant it I will buy the Global Rescue Membership. Otherwise I buy their travel insurance that you can add Medical Evacuation on to. That is the best value in my mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewflinders

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.