It’s disappointing the decision made in Australia

images.jpeg

Don't get your hopes up. I hunted buffalo in the Northern Territory of Australia last year. The outfitter and the hunt were fine. Lots of good bulls. But the stupid paperwork for bringing my rifle with me and then getting it on the plane to return to the US was absurd--page after page of forms all asking for the same information and then copies had to be made by the aussie police, the customs house, and Qantas and all of them asking me the same information. Mind numbingly stupid. Australia is not hunter friendly or firearm friendly.
The economic benefit of adding croc hunting to buffalo, banteng, scrub bull, etc. is so great that it's a no brainer, but the aussie beaurocracy will muck it up.

Can't fix stupid! Here is your sign!

Greenies know what is best. Animals are much happier to be killed by culling than by hunting. That's the message that Animal Rights Activists told me at a RMEF when I was in a delegation tasked with going outside to confront/educate these geniuses. Do not attempt to match wits with a flake. Crocs will be lining up to be euthanized. ...........FWB

The government there is going to trap and kill 1,200 saltwater crocodiles per year the next 10 years. No “trophy hunting”. Instead of issuing permits to hunters worldwide they are going to hire local people to kill them.

I’m not knocking Australia l don’t live there never been. But this decision doesn’t make sense to me. If they issued at least 6,000 permits over the next 10 years it would create more jobs and bring more to the local economy while still hiring the native people as guides. I’m sure they could use a cut from trophy fees. Hunters are villains but the Australian government plans to get 90k eggs grow the crocs kill them then use skin to sell hand bags https://au.news.yahoo.com/plan-to-k...ses-to-rule-out-trophy-hunting-015749337.html
@Obi Wan Kenobi
Our government especially in the Northern Territory are not the sharpest tools in the shed and to top it off they haven't got any balls.
A few of the indigenous communities would love to have croc culls done by hunters under the appropriate conditions BUT and it's a big but the govt bows to the beliefs of the general population and Greenies .
They know the benefits it would bring the territory in terms of financial gain to both themselves and indigenous communities but don't have the balls to implement such a thing.
Unfortunately they would prefer to overspend getting a bunch of so called professional people to do the job. These same people know they are the only ones that can supposedly able to do the job so OVERCHARGE BY A FORTUNE to do fuck all.
Allowing hunters to do the conservation hunting the govt could reap the benefits of animal control and conservation along with the sound off of increased tourism to other places like Kakadu.

Unfortunately our government like a lot of others are full of fuckwits that are more interested in keeping vote and lining their own pockets than the reality of doing what's what's best .

I know telling y'all this is just preaching to the choir.
Bob

Firstly, this is a thought bubble from the NT Government. They make Californians look sane and rational.
I suspect the proposal is still a work in progress. Some of the commentators are coming out with the line that this isn't trophy shooting like in Africa "we don't do safari". At the same time they are prosing "to bring in high-paying clients to live harvest saltwater crocodiles" .... "would allow permitted clients to take a trophy such as a skull or a skin" Apparently high paying clients harvesting animals and taking back trophies such as heads and skin is totally different to Africa safari hunting. You got to wonder what planet these idiots are from.

Basically they have no idea what they're talking about except that they need to do something about croc numbers and that the only people they'll talk to are indigenous.
@Hunter4752001
If'n the only people they spoke to were indigenous then they would get commonsense and introduce hunting for conservation.

But no they listen to the namby pamby tree hugging do-gooders that know nothing .
This type of person would have you adopting a croc so they could be saved.
Bob

looks like a cluster f***!, this boy would have eaten you in a heart beat if given the chance.

View attachment 601836
@leslie hetrick
That good ol boy Troy Landry would be saying more than choot him Lizabeth if'n he got him in his line in the bayou.
Maybe we could get Troy and the boys off swamp men to come and control them. Might need their big boy pants to handle a 15 foot saltie tho.
Bob

I don't agree with the decision but also can't figure out where you are going to get enough hunters to shoot that amount of them.

I would love to hunt them but, how much would a outfitter charge to go do along with air fair from the US? Would a "trophy" hunt get the desired results in the same amount of time or longer? Or would the crocs become aware that they are being hunted and change their habits to where the larger ones just won't be shot?

Lots of questions.
@JimP
When over hunted crocs return to night hunting.
My dad shot hundreds and hundreds of them back in the late 40s for a living using a SMLE 303. The hard work began in the morning to skin them all and get them in salt before they went off
Unfortunately these practices of your almost wiped the crocs out and they became a protected species only to become a problem again.
Bob

@JimP
My dad shot hundreds and hundreds of them back in the late 40s for a living using a SMLE 303. The hard work began in the morning to skin them all and get them in salt before they went off
Unfortunately these practices of your almost wiped the crocs out and they became a protected species only to become a problem again.
Bob
That was the other extreme end of the spectrum. Incredibly they could be decimated so hard.

Anything to do with the Australian government, both State & Federal, is controlled by Left wing Woke
incompetent fools, almost most of their decisions are made to strengthen their relationship with the Greens & unions, who they need to stay in power . The green party is anti gun anti-hunting anti every thing that is
traditional outdoor man type activity, & pro rainbow & gay lifestyle & have pro-climate change agenda
at the expense of business & personal freedom.

@JimP
Bob
Any animal can be hunted to extension with unchecked hunting.

A good example of this is the North American bison. You can read accounts where trains had to wait a couple of days as the herd crossed the tracks, or where whole valleys were solid with them. By the time that the hide and market hunters and indiscriminate shooting of them was done there were just a few left in the Yellowstone area.

Now they are making a comeback, but they will never be the herds that there once was but at least there are wild populations that can be hunted. And while there are a number of pure bred bison without any cattle DNA most of the bison here in the US that are on ranches and farms have at one time or another been crossed with cattle by ranchers trying to get a sturdier beef cow.

Even the North American alligator was hunted to the point that they only existed in the wilder areas of their range.

Look at the passenger pigeon too. Billions of birds reduced to zero. Literally changed the colour of Americas forests from their extinction.

Crocodile
Buffalo
Banteng
Scrub Bull
Boar

The Territory Big 5. Imagine the potential.
@Tim Blackwell
That's very mean Tim
Stop teasing us.
Hunters from os will be lined up out the door to do that one
Maybe you could organise it for everyone, that would be good
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasLe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.