Interarms Whitworth 375 h&h

I had one & foolishly traded it. The friend I traded it to sold it. We both wish we hadn’t done that! Sometimes we learn hard.
Well, buy another one? There's plenty of them for sale on various sites. You'll feel better. LOL

Solid and dependable rifles.

I had the rifle built to be an accurate rifle & 101% reliable for a client. Due to a death in his family he was not able to bring it over.

If I remember correctly it is a nice clean rifle. I would guess it has handling marks?
Barrel band sling
Pillar bedded
Quick release mounts. I do not remember make.
Swarovski 1.5 to 5 scope I value the scope at eight to nine hundred.

To stay within forum rules I will post a price.
It will be a fair price but not a steal.

Lon

You can message me with a price if that’s allowed.

Dollar for dollar the Whitworth is hard to beat, and it comes African ready, close to the ultimate working gun right out of the box in 375 or 458..

Is the Whitworth a good start for a controlled round feed 375 rifle.

Thanks
I have a Whitworth Express in .458 WM that I bought in the early eighties. I've taken it to Zimbabwe twice. The first trip resulted in a buffalo that jumped.up to try and close on the PH. He had a push feed M 70 that went "click." I broke that Bulls neck. Later, he and I had a few drinks to celebrate the superior action of the Whitworth rifle. When I took it back on another safari the buffalo I shot ran about 20 yards, folded up and died. A single shot would have worked just as well, but I liked knowing that I had that absolute reliability of the Whitworth.

One thing that I did, and you.might want to consider, is that I had a Model 70 style safety installed along with a Timney trigger. It was worth doing.

I would have bought my rifle in .375 H&H if I could have found one at the time. I think it is a much more versatile caliber. Congratulations on your purchase. I'm sure you will be well pleased with it.

Last edited:
Mine made 3 trips over and always did its job if I did mine. My avatar shows my .375 Whitworth bought new in 1984.
That is my Botswana, "one bullet, one buffalo" from 1990.

Just received my Whitworth/Interarms.

Beautiful. The people at the gun store had never seen or held a .375 H&H. My first time also.
Make sure you tell it a bedtime story before you tuck it in tonite

Does anyone remember who invented or started the process of making a 3 piece laminated stock on some of these rifles? If i remember correctly, a gunsmith or stockmaker came up with the idea of ripping a block of wood with about a 1/2 inch piece cut out of the center length wise. Then flipping that central piece upside down and gluing it back together. Then cutting the stock shape out of that.

The purpose being that it gives a lot of extra strength as it is effectively a laminated stock, thus the grain of the wood is offset so there is no one weak spot. Yet it is the same piece of wood so it takes stain the same and you still have the sides of the stock cut the same and the grain the same as if it was a standard type stock cut out of the same block of wood.

I believe the gentleman who invented the process sold it to a major stock maker and of course the price went way up.

However some of the Remington 798 rifles came out with these stocks. In 2015 I went on a spring spot and stalk bear hunt in British Columbia and the Outfitter/guide had one in 458 win mag. He had no idea what he had. He had just bought a solid working rifle at a low cost. I've been casually on the lookout for one ever since.

Well at this past DSC, 9 1/2 years later, Cabela's has one on the rack at the show! It was priced as a regular Remington 798/Zastava but had that stock and a beautiful forend tip. They didn't even know the stock was laminated. Their "expert" looked at it and dropped the price a bit;) So of course I bought it :)

20240331_210835.jpg
20240331_210911.jpg
20240331_211015.jpg
20240331_210946.jpg
20240331_210956.jpg

I remember holding that rifle at DSC this year; nice find! As I recall, the price was already pretty fair on it; so good on you for getting an even better one! :)

Hot idea, I could think of a few variations especially a Full Stock

I just wish I could remember the guys name who invented that and the Company he sold it to. I knew it but for the life of me cannot remember now....

Our Tanzania Outfitter Sherdell has a Ruger RSM that he clubbed a leopard with and broke the stock. I gave him a replacement that I had bought from Numrich. Well he managed to break that one as well.... probably needs a polymer but I thought one of these wood laminated would be a great option.

A laminated stock without looking like a piece of plywood;)

Last edited:
Does anyone remember who invented or started the process of making a 3 piece laminated stock on some of these rifles? If i remember correctly, a gunsmith or stockmaker came up with the idea of ripping a block of wood with about a 1/2 inch piece cut out of the center length wise. Then flipping that central piece upside down and gluing it back together. Then cutting the stock shape out of that.

The purpose being that it gives a lot of extra strength as it is effectively a laminated stock, thus the grain of the wood is offset so there is no one weak spot. Yet it is the same piece of wood so it takes stain the same and you still have the sides of the stock cut the same and the grain the same as if it was a standard type stock cut out of the same block of wood.

I believe the gentleman who invented the process sold it to a major stock maker and of course the price went way up.

However some of the Remington 798 rifles came out with these stocks. In 2015 I went on a spring spot and stalk bear hunt in British Columbia and the Outfitter/guide had one in 458 win mag. He had no idea what he had. He had just bought a solid working rifle at a low cost. I've been casually on the lookout for one ever since.

Well at this past DSC, 9 1/2 years later, Cabela's has one on the rack at the show! It was priced as a regular Remington 798/Zastava but had that stock and a beautiful forend tip. They didn't even know the stock was laminated. Their "expert" looked at it and dropped the price a bit;) So of course I bought it :)

View attachment 596655View attachment 596656View attachment 596657View attachment 596658View attachment 596659
I could be wrong, but I seem to remember these stocks from Serengeti Rifles which became Kilimanjaro Rifles sometime around the late 1990s or early 2000s. I was interested at the time because I thought it would be as strong as a laminated stock but retain the look of a walnut stock. I can't quite remember the details as it was about 25 years ago and so don't know what happened to the companies.

Nice buy on the rifle by the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewflinders

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.