Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NMLRA, SCI,
Hunted
East Cape, South Africa, Zimbabwe
My sincerest condolences to his family, friends, and colleagues of Buck McNeely.

He came along what I consider the early, renewed interest, in the commercializing of outdoor adventure shows and I attribute him to going on my first African safari.

I haven't paid much attention to, or rather followed my Facebook account on a daily, weekly, monthly or any other regular basis for quite awhile. In fact if I hadn't been doing a search on another subject I wouldn't have been on Facebook today.

I have just learned that on January 7th, The Outdoorsman....Buck McNeely passed away. In the notice of his father's passing, his son mentioned that his father had been preparing him...and that he....would take over the show.

Had I not seen one of Buck's many African hunting shows, which sparked my renewed interest, I would most definitely still be dreaming of hunting Africa.

As I stated earlier like him or hate him I am sure Buck McNeely sparked many a young and old to get outdoors.

Condolences to the family, I have seen his show and it was sub-par, but he did visit some amazing places and saw more of the world than many people even dream about.
I understand his show was widely syndicated and exposed a lot of people to the outdoor world.
RIP

RIP Buck McNeely. Dang it. Really sorry to hear that. Just saw one of his hunts on the tube the other day. A true BSer who was hard to dislike. Always full of poop but I enjoyed his stuff anyway. IMO his greatest asset was his friendly, positive nature. He was from the same hometown as the late Rush Limbaugh.

I regret to hear Buck has passed. He was a pioneer in bringing hunting to television and while his shows were often amateurish by modern standards he was a trailblazer and will be missed. Condolences to his family and best wishes to his son in carrying on the family legacy.

My sincerest condolences to his family, friends, and colleagues of Buck McNeely.

He came along what I consider the early, renewed interest, in the commercializing of outdoor adventure shows and I attribute him to going on my first African safari.

I haven't paid much attention to, or rather followed my Facebook account on a daily, weekly, monthly or any other regular basis for quite awhile. In fact if I hadn't been doing a search on another subject I wouldn't have been on Facebook today.

I have just learned that on January 7th, The Outdoorsman....Buck McNeely passed away. In the notice of his father's passing, his son mentioned that his father had been preparing him...and that he....would take over the show.

Had I not seen one of Buck's many African hunting shows, which sparked my renewed interest, I would most definitely still be dreaming of hunting Africa.

As I stated earlier like him or hate him I am sure Buck McNeely sparked many a young and old to get outdoors.
I have his old videos, including one with Zim PH Lloyd Yeatman of Shangani Safaris. I hunted with Lloyd and he had some funny stories regarding the hunts with Buck! A colorful man, to say the least, but it was good (non-profitable) advertisement for Lloyd, but it worked out well for him after getting away from unsavory initial partners (not uncommon in the least!)

Is this the fellow with the long blond hair that goes by the moniker of Colorado Buck?

Always enjoyed watching buck.

Since his passing I’ve started paying a little more attention to his show. One of our local stations plays them a couple of times over the weekends. I’ve always glanced at them but they started growing on me even if they are a little cheesy. RIP Buck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skylinedevelopment

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.