Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
I am very sad to see that Felix Marnewecke passed. I’m not sure what happened, anyone with any information please feel free to add information. I saw one post that alluded he may have been killed in the field but I DO NOT know this to be true and certainly don’t want to spread misinformation.
At any rate, my sincere condolences to his family and friends. Rest in peace sir.

I see Felix was nearly killed by a buffalo back in 2012. Wonder what happened to him.

I see some condoences up on Facebook but nothing indicating death from mishap. He was quite well known and respected in African hunting circles.

I see some condoences up on Facebook but nothing indicating death from mishap. He was quite well known and respected in African hunting circles.
I had just seen a post saying he had “died doing what he loved”. I don’t know.

https://www.republikein.com.na/mense/grootwildjagter-sterf-in-kameroen2024-04-03
Register to read the story.

BIG GAME HUNTER DIES IN CAMEROON
Apparently did not reach hospital in time
Felix Marnewecke was a trustee of Hunters United Agains Poaching (Huap) and campaigned for ethical and sustainable hunting.
Francoise Steinberg
5 HOURS AGO - - 2024-04-03 00:00:00
A well-known in Namibian hunting circles and a trustee of Hunters United Against Poaching, (Huap), Felix Marnewecke (51), died on Easter Monday in Cameroon. The president of the NWU Rep..

https://www.republikein.com.na/mense/grootwildjagter-sterf-in-kameroen2024-04-03
Register to read the story.

BIG GAME HUNTER DIES IN CAMEROON
Apparently did not reach hospital in time
Felix Marnewecke was a trustee of Hunters United Agains Poaching (Huap) and campaigned for ethical and sustainable hunting.
Francoise Steinberg

5 HOURS AGO - - 2024-04-03 00:00:00
A well-known in Namibian hunting circles and a trustee of Hunters United Against Poaching, (Huap), Felix Marnewecke (51), died on Easter Monday in Cameroon. The president of the NWU Rep..
Thanks for posting this.

Condolences to his wife, family and friends. May he Rest In Peace.

Felix contracted Typhoid Fever down in the Bongo areas. He died while being transported to a hospital in Douala.
He survived an ambush by a cape buff only to die from a treatable, preventable, bacterial organism. This is even more heartbreaking.

+1 on Typhoid and tetanus.

Sad news, RIP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AundreaHal

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.