cgdemakis

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA, USA
I've been reading over a number of threads on the forum trying to decide on an importer for my finished work from a safari of April of last year. I have spoke with a few and am leaning toward Safari Specialty Importers as they have worked with my outfitter and taxidermist and I like that they have a USDA bonded facility as i have swine and a primate. I have had a few emails and a phone call with Wyatt and I am comfortable so far.

I am looking for some insight from any members who have worked with them in the past to get a feel for how they liked it etc. etc. etc.

I used them on my first trip in 2015 with dip and pack coming back and I used them again in 2022 with finished taxidermy and would recommend them along with using them again if I go back.

Your taxidermy will fly into NY where it will clear customs and USFW, then they will fly it to a major airport near you and then truck the shipment the rest of the way. I found that once everything clears it happens real fast.

I used them on my first trip in 2015 with dip and pack coming back and I used them again in 2022 with finished taxidermy and would recommend them along with using them again if I go back.

Your taxidermy will fly into NY where it will clear customs and USFW, then they will fly it to a major airport near you and then truck the shipment the rest of the way. I found that once everything clears it happens real fast.
I used them for my 3 safaris and had excellent service. They handled everything from the outfitter in RSA to my taxidermist here at home. All the shipping, paperwork, customs, delivery to my taxidermist. Any questions or concerns and they were on top of it.

Used them in 2016 and using them again this month. Easy to work with

I have not used Wyatt, but plan to as we are due to have our mounts shipped likely sometime late this year. I/we (my group) are planning to use his services. I will be following this thread. I've had personal discussions with Wyatt and everything he's told me, the feedback read on here, and comparisons to other import agents has seriously impressed me with his service. I get the impression they/he are a very well buttoned up operation.

God willing I'll have input on my end soon.

I had good experiences with them. They are working on my elephant trophies right now.

This will be first time with Wyatt. When I used them in 2016 it was Mrs rosealie. I think was her name. But it was a pleasure.

I have used SSI's services on multiple shipments including going back to when Robert & Rosella owned the business and with Wyatt the current owner. No complaints and will use them again for next shipment.

I have used them for 5 trips and am very satisfied with their service.

They have been my primary importer for a decade. Very pleased.

I've used them for two safaris the last being in 2022. Wyatt is great. He handles everything and keeps you well informed.

I have not used Wyatt, but plan to as we are due to have our mounts shipped likely sometime late this year. I/we (my group) are planning to use his services. I will be following this thread. I've had personal discussions with Wyatt and everything he's told me, the feedback read on here, and comparisons to other import agents has seriously impressed me with his service. I get the impression they/he are a very well buttoned up operation.

God willing I'll have input on my end soon.
Just last night I spoke with three different importers one of them Wyatt with SSI. The conversations I had with the first didn't give me that warm cozy feeling of confidence, they kind of hemmed and hauled when I ask questions.
Then my conversation with Wyatt from SSI, he then explained everything to me step by step on my level of understanding with confidence and reassurance. From picking up trophies from the taxidermist in South Africa to delivering them to my house in Bethlehem Pennsylvania. During our conversation he did not hem or Hall at any given point the man knew what he was doing!

I've been reading over a number of threads on the forum trying to decide on an importer for my finished work from a safari of April of last year. I have spoke with a few and am leaning toward Safari Specialty Importers as they have worked with my outfitter and taxidermist and I like that they have a USDA bonded facility as i have swine and a primate. I have had a few emails and a phone call with Wyatt and I am comfortable so far.

I am looking for some insight from any members who have worked with them in the past to get a feel for how they liked it etc. etc. etc.
What location are you going to use?

Just had my skins delivered to the tannery. Wyatt did a good job.

You will be good to go with SSI. Wyatt is great to work with and is always on top of things. I have used them for every crate I have brought back from Africa and will continue to use them.

Wyatt is top notch, 5 international trips and he’s handled all of them without an issue. Highly recommend SSI

Wyatt is extremely thorough and is great with communication. I’m awaiting a shipment from Cameroon and he has been amazing keeping up with the details for my eland and other trophies.

I'm using SSI for an upcoming trip at the end of this month. After speaking with Wyatt for a bit on the phone, I was sold on giving them a shot this trip.

I too looked at SSI for my elephant hunt in Zim. I talked to Wyatt and was very impressed. I have heard nothing but good reviews. However given the problems of exporting elephants I decided to go with Conservation Force given I just feel they have more experience with elephants. There is a cost difference to help others; SSI $900, CF $2500

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AundreaHal

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.