First African Adventure

Relatively new to the site. I am looking to make my first trip to Africa this year. Interested primarily in Buffalo, Eland, Kudu, Waterbuck and maybe a few other opportunistic species. Wife will be making the trip as well so camp comfort is important. My initial considerations are Namibia, S. Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe. I am seeking suggestions and/or references on outfitters and locations. Thanks in advance!
It may be a little late for this year to get something booked. If I were you I’d plan to get to SCI and visit with some outfitters and see what is left for 2024,

Relatively new to the site. I am looking to make my first trip to Africa this year. Interested primarily in Buffalo, Eland, Kudu, Waterbuck and maybe a few other opportunistic species. Wife will be making the trip as well so camp comfort is important. My initial considerations are Namibia, S. Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe. I am seeking suggestions and/or references on outfitters and locations. Thanks in advance!

You have received replies from several of the outstanding outfitters/sponsors we have on AH. Look at their websites and use the search function on this website to find hunting reports from various members. Send PMs to the authors of the reports for more information if needed. You will find AH members very willing to share information. The search and planning for a hunt is part of the fun.

You have received replies from several of the outstanding outfitters/sponsors we have on AH. Look at their websites and use the search function on this website to find hunting reports from various members. Send PMs to the authors of the reports for more information if needed. You will find AH members very willing to share information. The search and planning for a hunt is part of the fun.
Thank you! I am actively engaged with several of the outfitters who have reached out.

I would recommend taking a serious look at Limcroma Safaris. They arranged a couple's package for us that was outstanding.! I'm sure they will exceed your wife's expectations on every level! PM me if you have any questions about my experiences.

@etsonaut

Second the recommendation above... I hunted at Limcroma with my wife and teenage daughter, and we all had an amazing safari... Hannes offers an excellent overall family experience!

It really depends on the experience you want. Personally my first African safari was for buffalo in the upper Luangwa valley of Zambia. If you want that type of wilderness hunt (still very comfortable for your wife), I would consider Zimbabwe. Top of my list would likely be Nyakasanga with CMS.

Not an Outitter but have hunted Africa 15+ times and have had the greatest of experiences ever hunting that great continent from South Africa up into Cameroon and Ethiopia. You will not regret making a trip.

Cheers,

I have hunted with frontier safaris in alicedale SA
3 times, have killed pg and 2 buffalo with them. Was really good time. Huge hunting areas buffalo hunting was hard hunting. My wife was well taken care of. Really friendly good people. Stay at Afton in joberg and get them to do gun papers for you. They will make your connection to port Elizabeth real easy. Prices are very good too.

@etsonaut . I hunted recently with Wik Coetzee of Game 4 Africa Safaris in the Eastern Cape. I have hunted Namibia a number of times with different PH’s.
Wik is in my opinion a great guy to hunt with. We hunted 2 buffalo, a kudu and impala. The baboon got a visit too.
We had a very exciting 45 minutes(about 3 hours in reality )up close to a herd of buffalo in the thickets waiting for a broadside shot on a buffalo. Wik was clear at all times in his instructions and had a great calming effect with his quiet confidence in the proceedings. No hesitation in recommending him to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bvanpelt

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.