Custom 338/06...Shoots As Good As It Looks!

OK, good for you, they will have such a great experience! No doubt with the extra attention by staff and PH because of your relationship. I have a similar scenario in Zimbabwe after nearly annual trips over the last 25 years. I am a hippo shy of my Big 5 and have doubled on everything else but Leopard plus all the plains game and tons of problem animal control with a PH friend.

As a pastor l am invited over for ministry almost annually to help an organization there with 165 churches throughout Africa and as a result have been blessed to have hunted extensively with two PH friends. They are literally like brothers to me. I could have never dreamed up such a scenario. It's so wonderful to introduce others like you are doing! I'm excited for you as you see the wonder and raw excitement they will experience as a result of your relationship there. I doubt if they can possibly imagine what awaits them!
All the best,
Gary
True words there my friend. You're so very correct in that they have no idea of what they are about to experience. The looks on their faces as things unfold before them will be a Kodak moment! I took my youngest daughter with me in 2019. She was incredulist at the sights she witnessed. She took 4 heads of game and made her old dad very proud indeed. I figure some day in the future both of my daughters will have tales to tell of their dad and the times we shared. I can't ask for more. Live each day for what it has to offer. That's worked for me for more years than I care to think about. Bye for now.

Let's drop the price to $2650 on the rifle. Today I confirmed the name of the gentleman who almost certainly did at least the checkering on the rifle, it was the master stock guru Al Biesen. This is definitely his pattern and style as seen on the rifle he did for Jack O'Connor and others. His work was exquisite, as is the work on this great rifle. Unfortunately, I cannot confirm the provenance since both Mr. Biesen and the gentleman who contracted for the work are now deceased. Be that as it may it is truly a work of art that shoots lights out. The fortunate person who will own this rifle next will not be disappointed in any way.

Don't miss the chance to own this classic beauty that really shoots! Listed elsewhere.

I just noticed the incredible M Lambert Full Custom 375 H&H ...WOW! That rifle paired with this 338/06 would make the perfect Africa set up!

Be that as it may, I need to let some lucky person become the new owner of this amazing 338/06 so I can buy my "heavy" African gun. As stated earlier I have lots of new 338/06 head-stamped brass and a number of great bullets in various sizes that would cover all your plains game needs or for anything that walks in North America plus a set of new Redding dies. Give me a shout and let's see what we can work out.
Thanks,
Gary

give you a shout on saturday....BUMP!

give you a shout on saturday....BUMP!
Did you have an interest in my rifle or have a 9.3x62 you were interested in selling or trading? I'm just trying to sort through responses for follow-up purposes before I make a decision. I don't have a favorite 9.3 x62 option as yet so wanted to hear back from you.
Call, text or post but my number is [redacted].
Thanks,
Gary

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swizbills

Latest profile posts

Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]