I like my Tacovas boots but don’t wear them every day. They’re made in Mexico I believe. Nice quality for less than other brands of the same quality.

I doubt I've worn cowboy boots or a cowboy hat (for that matter) since age 5 or 6. Some folks look natural in both... I do not.

Frankly? Between maybe now and early October, I am very, very frequently in Crocs, for anywhere around town, traveling to town on the plane, and even to church. I have even killed caribou and called in moose while wearing Crocs. My other every day go-tos are what Cabela's (when they were still Cabela's) called Alaska Guide Sneakers. 95% of the time it's Crocs or these.

Hunting? Depends on where and time of year. Moose season? I might wear hip boots all freaking season long. Spring bear? Older style Danner Jackals. And a host of other types of boots for various hunting related purposes.

But cowboy boots? I will leave those to folks who actually look the part.

1714435259026.png

Rod Patrick, Ft Worth, Tx are the best fitting boots I have ever worn.

I have a pair of Ariat round toe that I wear for concerts and rodeos, other appropriate occasions. Have worn them for casual horse rides but my wife that gave them to me gets mad when I do.
I wear kennetrek service boots at work. They are great but bottom heavy. I just bought a pair of their wildland boots for the summer fire season.
For travel, comfortable running shoes, they are nice to lounge around camp in as well.
Hunting I have several pairs for the different types of hunting I do. I would never hunt in a cowboy boot-but the fish and game officer that checks me every waterfowl season does wear cowboy boots, usually with rubber over boots on them.

I wore them for years. Even had insulated cowboy boots for the long winter in northern New Mexico. Nothing keeps feet warm when riding in below freezing weather (a little hot choc. with Baileys helps). I don't wear much now as it's just too hot in Thailand except for our 2 week "winter". My boots, which will be replaced for wearing while I'm in the states, are extremely valuable to me. The were given to me when my best friend, more like brother, died from Agent Orange caused cancer. I try to fill them the best I can. It is time to retire them from wear and leave to my son.
No I've never worn those hunting or working but have on airplanes. Other cowboy boots seldom but yes.

I'm going to get flack for this but here goes......For lightweight comfortable boots I buy Academy's Durango mens Rebel (they usually have flag on the upper). I wear cowboy boots 90% of the time and these are my go to for comfort. They are not extremely durable but for $99, they last me ~2yrs and I go buy another pair or two.
I wear lucchese's for formal occasions and Ariats for working on the ranch

I wear them more or less every day

Traveling, hunting down in TX where I’m not hiking, at the barn or on the horse, pretty much everywhere.

I have a lot, but my go-to is Anderson Bean with the rubber midfoot insert in the sole. I’ve got Lucchese, Beck, Fenoglio, Double H also, but the Anderson Beans have held up the best for me by far. I’ve actually been extremely disappointed with my more recent Lucchese boots, I had a custom set of elk skin boots made and the quality is terrible for the cost.

I have a pair of Impala skin Justin boots that I wear on special occasions. About 100% of the time while working, I'm either wearing Crispi or Salomon boots to work. When I get home in the spring & summer time, it's flip flops and shorts for me. Can't take the Florida out of me yet. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Ariats everyday and Anderson Bean for nicer occasions.

I guided a guy on a backcountry sheep hunt, 15 miles in the wilderness climbing steep mountains and he wore cowboy boots for the entire hunt, he was a tuff dude.

I have a 15+ year old pair of Ariat Roughstocks that I used to wear 3-4 times a week while working with horses in AZ. However, after moving to KY I don’t really wear them because it rains so damned much. I never hunt in them, but I do wear them for almost anything else.

As for daily wear, I have worn steel toes every day for 12 years. They always change because I wear the soles out in a year. Currently wearing Thorogood American Heritage boots, before that were some awful timberlands that I now use for concrete work, and before that were some Red Wing 2233’s (I wore these to Africa). I don’t remember anything before that, save for I used to have a nice pair of Lucchese cowboy boots (prior to my Ariats), but they didn’t fit well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FletcherJo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.