Best electronic hearing protection?

I purchased SportEar (Axil) custom fit at DSC several years ago. Works great at reducing noise from your firearm.

The Axil name change.
Boy, I got the email a while back and could swear it was to defense hearing (I believe), which, their site is defensehearing.com. But I have my hearing pro so I tend to delete the emails all but immediately.

But maybe it was just an announcement regarding the upper end lines that changed over, or maybe I'm remembering something incorrectly?

Does look like Axil just has the lower end for in-ear options now. IDK, for the sake of sanity, just say I was mistaken with this, Axil was really the only hearing protection from which I got email though, I don't know what else it could have been... don't know that it ultimately matters.

Like noted the GS 2 Digital line, that I have and use, they don't even carry anymore.

That defense hearing has an extreme series that is $3500, for the guy wanting to check out the really high dollar stuff.

Harris and Sons also has hearing protection over $3k, even near $4k.

Ear Inc has models to $2900.

I've been out of looking at hearing pro for a little bit as these Axils I have now have great hearing protection to them, so I'm content.

But it used to be that several companies would allow you to return the hearing pro if you didn't like it within some time frame.

I don't know if that is still a thing, though it looks like Tetra still has it.

If one were so inclined, you could order from these companies and give them a run and see what magic spending a lot of money gets you, return them if not impressed.

I stick with replaceable batteries, the reason being, batteries decline over time, meaning if you get permanent but re-chargeable batteries, they will lose battery life and when you get fed up with only having partial battery life you now have to buy new hearing protection.

I can just change the batteries on mine forever, the batteries are also inexpensive and tiny, you could carry several months' supply and have no idea you had them on you.

They make tools to help you with battery changes if it's really an issue, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Parkinsons disease, whatever may be keeping you from being able to do it with your fingers.

Has anyone tried GunSport Pro (GSP15) by etymotic? They talk a good game but ya never know.

Attachments

• GSP-15 GunSport-PRO Electronic Earplugs.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
I have been using Howard Leights, around 60.00 I believe, they work very well for me, but I am half deaf anyways, have had them for 6 or so years, they are great for enhancing hearing as well, can hear course of fire descriptions and go right to shooting.

I recently picked up a set of Sordin Supreme Pro-X with the gel inserts and used them on a turkey hunt. Although the hunt was not successful, the muffs were amazing at amplifying sound and allowing me to minimize my own noise. They are amazing at keeping a 3D sound picture, allowing me to be able to tell the exact direction of the last gobble. Bonus - they are waterproof and perfect for hunting or an outdoor range. I've used them at both indoor and outdoor ranges, but when I'm doing that I wear plugs to double up because others are shooting as well. Not exactly cheap, but they have been totally worth it. About $290 on Amazon.
1713641956618.png

Reactions: WAB
I recently picked up a set of Sordin Supreme Pro-X with the gel inserts and used them on a turkey hunt. Although the hunt was not successful, the muffs were amazing at amplifying sound and allowing me to minimize my own noise. They are amazing at keeping a 3D sound picture, allowing me to be able to tell the exact direction of the last gobble. Bonus - they are waterproof and perfect for hunting or an outdoor range. I've used them at both indoor and outdoor ranges, but when I'm doing that I wear plugs to double up because others are shooting as well. Not exactly cheap, but they have been totally worth it. About $290 on Amazon.
View attachment 600474

I have a pair as well. They’re excellent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilburnHar

Latest profile posts

dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair
Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !