Best Ballistic Software for Apple Macbook?

I use Hornady app on my phone. Simple interface and looks clean. I am sure the Lapua etc work as well. Hornady has their own loads built in so it is easy to pick a similar bullet and tweak the velocity to get ballpark figures. You need to go to the range anyway to confirm but at least it gets you on paper.

I use the Revic and Hornaday apps on my Iphone.

I have Strelok Pro (free version IIRC), and Shooter Ballistics for $10, by Shawn Kenny (sp). Both are Android versions, but available for Apple. Much prefer Shooter Ballistics as it's really easy ( after learning curve), to add rifles, various loads to each, etc.

Shooter is on both my phone and tablet - two downloads are permitted with purchase. I can back-up data or work from either.

I am really old school.
I have a note book with come ups and a chart in my lens caps on my rifles.
Biggest hurdle for most shooters is accurate ranging and reading the wind.
A kestrel works well if you have the time to use it. A shooting school is your best investment, really good range finder and the ability to read or measure wind.
Turkey I got a couple days ago. 348 yards, prone. 223 rem. 68 grain Hornady match 2700fps mv.
Hit in the neck just above the body.
Not very sporting on the turkey hunting spectrum but couldn’t help my self.

AF7789FC-CB1D-4A55-943E-2633CCDBBBDB.jpeg
CBE0BD64-BFC2-413C-B0D0-26E718BF3F11.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VirgieDunh

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair
Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!