Rafiki

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Tanzania
I've been looking for some hard-to-find brass and discovered what II need advertised on the Bertram USA site. I'm concerned about placing an order because their only contact information is an email address; no address or phone number that I could find. I did make an inquiry using the email address provide and did get a reply but when I had an additional question I got nothing back. They have a Facebook page that looks ligament but these days looks can be deceiving so I remain skeptical.

Has anyone had dealings with these people?

If their payment methods are electronic only, i.e. Zelle, PayPal, Venmo, etc., odds are it's a scam site.
Edit: An option for a credit card is no guarantee either.

If you're looking for Bertram brand brass, best to go through a reputable site like Graf's or Midway.

Last edited:
I bought some brass from them in mid-March. Order shipped within 14 days. I thought they had a phone number on their website. I got an email receipt after the order. They sent me an ups notice when it shipped. Also, I asked for an email when the brass was available. They sent me an email when the brass was available (about 4 months later).

Ken

I bought some brass from them in mid-March. Order shipped within 14 days. I thought they had a phone number on their website. I got an email receipt after the order. They sent me an ups notice when it shipped. Also, I asked for an email when the brass was available. They sent me an email when the brass was available (about 4 months later).

Ken
Post the website link. Was it Bertram USA?

I have direct email for a couple of their USA execs and will DM you when I get home later this evening - that way you can go straight to the source.

I’ve ordered from him multiple times, no problems at all.

If you're looking for Bertram brand brass, best to go through a reputable site like Graf's or Midway.
Actually, I'm not looking specifically for Bertram Brass, I'm looking for a particular case that I've only found with Bertram. I've heard some not too complimentary things about Bertram brass but really don't have much choice. Midway and Graff's do not have what I need. I would like Starline but they said they do not make it and will not special order; that leaves me with Bertram USA.

Actually, I'm not looking specifically for Bertram Brass, I'm looking for a particular case that I've only found with Bertram. I've heard some not too complimentary things about Bertram brass but really don't have much choice. Midway and Graff's do not have what I need. I would like Starline but they said they do not make it and will not special order; that leaves me with Bertram USA.
What are you requiring? There may be other vendors or someone on this site may have some.

THERE FAQ PAGE SAYS THEY DON'T HAVE TIME FOR PHONE CALLS. I GET THAT. I'M NOT AS GUN SHY AS SOME, IF THEY HAD WHAT I NEED I WOULD HIT "BUY IT NOW".

Buy from Richie at Bertram frequently. They seem to have very hard to find brass. I never have an issue with it, andIbget pretty good life out of it. During Covid they were one of the few places I could rely on to find brass.

I've heard some not too complimentary things about Bertram brass but really don't have much choice.
This is oft repeated but now well a thing of the past. ( Quote by Certus )

I hope Bertram have resolved the past issues and complaints of poor brass quality. Possibly there is reason to think so.
An Austarlian friend of mine visited Bertrams recently and obtained some sample brass for one of his favourite handloading calibres. Brass in this cal is also made by other ( American ) manufacturers. He did some weight comparisons of the brass and found Bertrams the heaviest of all. He had to drop charge weights when loading to keep pressures safe. I have no report of whether brass longevity has improved but his experience may indcate Bertram is now producing stronger brass that is heavier ( denser ? ) than previuosly. For anyone obtaining currently maunfactured Bertram brass it would pay to check internal volume and adjust powder charge weights accordingly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solomoha

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.