Beautiful Double!

Pretty no doubt, but what a strange gun. What would you use a 20 gauge double bbl slug gun for?

Not sure where the seller got the dangerous game idea, but Connecticut Shotgun built these as a slug gun for deer. Obviously a it also would work on pigs (or a charging leopard?). From production they came with a scope. Not sure where this one might be. They were built on their RBL action which is a fairly close copy to the SKB SxS using fully rifled barrels. I have two friends who own them and use them in slug only counties in Maryland. They take four or five deer a year with them. Like any double, they demand the regulation load.

I have owned a 20 bore RBL shotgun that I did not shoot well. However a 3" 12 bore is my primary waterfowl gun and it has performed flawlessly for almost two decades. It has also come close to paying for itself in occasional pigeon matches.

They are fine guns when used for their intended purpose.
Waterfowl Gun

Again, the 20 is not designed for dangerous game.

Last edited:
It is a beautiful shotgun, but it would have only a little over half of the muzzle energy of a .30/06 with less penetration and accuracy.

Definitely, NOT a DG gun.

It is a beautiful shotgun, but it would have only a little over half of the muzzle energy of a .30/06 with less penetration and accuracy.

Definitely, NOT a DG gun.
SAFARI, agree Not DG specific and Just because they would kill bear or leopard - it would Not be a preferred firearm for that purpose. For any deer out to 150 yrds a 20 ga sabot slug is deadly And very reliable, would prefer it to a .30-30 and over a .45-70 “Cowboy load”. Plus, if in a State that prohibits rifles - options are limited and this is a fine alternative - accuracy is 2” MOA or better from many slug guns with scope, penetration is great, recoil moderate compared to 12ga slug, No need for 3” slug. We used these very effectively in NJ & Maryland for deer control on depredation permits - although Never in a double barrel shotgun. I guess for shooting a “running deer” at very close range (under 50 yrds) that double 20 ga with open sights would be fine — and Fun.

Thank you, all. There is a lot of beautiful "stuff" out there. However, the probability of use would be seldom. Thank you @Red Leg for the insight & background, beautiful 12 ...

Don't know how to address the price, I hope its market fair, NICE LOOKING though,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SelenaE94

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair
Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !