470 Capstick Ammo, Reloading Components & Stuff For Sale

Wishfulthinker580

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
90 Rounds Ammo- $540

These two boxes are what I sent in to Aria Ballistic Engineering. They were factory A Square and Aria reloaded them in the last 6 months.
IMG_1423.jpeg

10 rds 600 grain hard cast that Aria sent me this year.
IMG_1424.jpeg

This ammo came with my rifle so I’m not sure how old it is. I can’t remember for sure but I think the previous owner told me he ordered it. One box is factory sealed. Nearly all is loaded with 450 Watts brass. I assume it’s all factory loaded by Aria but two boxes are unsealed and the box with 4 rds is unmarked.. 1- 20 rd box. 1 with 16 rds. 1 with 4 rds. It seems like the 4 rd box was supposed to complete the 16 rd box but it’s a completely different load.
IMG_1425.jpeg

To the best of my knowledge all brass is unfired new/new old stock.

Picture is missing one bag of the Bell brass.

Two pieces of the RCC brass have been through dies but nothing else. The RCC brass is turned brass and requires very slow sizing and lube per Redding.

102 pcs Bell brass (no head stamp)- $100

50 pcs RCC brass- $150

100 pcs Quality Cartridge brass- $200

40 pieces A Square brass- $80
IMG_1426.jpeg

CEB Raptors and Solids- $700

180- 9 boxes 20 ea of 450 grain solids

150- 7.5 boxes 460 grain raptors

60- 3 boxes 20 ea of 500 grain solids

40- 2 boxes 20 ea of 420 grain raptors
IMG_1432.jpeg

144 CEB Raptor Tips- $100
IMG_1433.jpeg

Also have a brand new Trader Keith sling- $40
IMG_1548.png

$1910 plus shipping if someone wants it all. If not I will piece it out.

I strongly prefer PayPal F&F because it’s easy. I’m not going to be very flexible on payment options unless the buyer is a long time, trusted member. Thanks

Last edited:
Thought about it and I’ll knock $110 off the ammo so make that $1800 plus shipping for the package.

Greetings: Interesting package. The 600 gr loads are interesting (look at that E>7K!) Obviously a 470 Ackley inspired load (and the reduced power load approximates the 458 Win or other, old NE cartridges.) Would you consider selling just the 2 boxes of A-Sq ammo (Assuming 40 total) along with the 2 boxes of A-Sq Brass? Lion loads are interesting, as they're not to be used on the big stuff (buff,) rather frangible bullets for cats. Also, aren't 470 cal bullets 0.475"? Please advise on the above. Thanks.

I’ll take the A-Square brass PM on the way

Greetings: Interesting package. The 600 gr loads are interesting (look at that E>7K!) Obviously a 470 Ackley inspired load (and the reduced power load approximates the 458 Win or other, old NE cartridges.) Would you consider selling just the 2 boxes of A-Sq ammo (Assuming 40 total) along with the 2 boxes of A-Sq Brass? Lion loads are interesting, as they're not to be used on the big stuff (buff,) rather frangible bullets for cats. Also, aren't 470 cal bullets 0.475"? Please advise on the above. Thanks.
Yes sir I will sell you two boxes of ammo. Please let me know which two you want. The A Square brass is yours as well.

I do see online on multiple sources that the Capstick utilizes at .475 bullet. That is strange. Hopefully someone can clarify whether or not .474 bullets will work. Shows how much I know..

Last edited:
*i'm thinking they simply messed up on the box (they didn't know!) Can you pls clarify how many boxes of loaded A-Sq ammo do you have (guessing from the pic, 1 box of 20 for 2 diff bullets=40). Do you possess dies??

*i'm thinking they simply messed up on the box (they didn't know!) Can you pls clarify how many boxes of loaded A-Sq ammo do you have (guessing from the pic, 1 box of 20 for 2 diff bullets=40). Do you possess dies??
I have three full boxes of 20 rds a piece, a partial with 16 rds, a partial with 10 rds and a partial with 4 rds.

One of the full boxes is the reduced load. The other two full boxes are full power.

Sorry I sold my dies the other day to another member.

Last edited:
Ok. I just want the 500/495 gr A-Sq factory ammo (2 boxes-solids/lion load) and the (2) boxes of A-Sq brass. Please PM me with a total and details. I will take 'em. TY! (I was supposed to be putting a .257 Improved Jaeger rifle up for sale on-line until all these magical Capstick deals arose!!) lol

Ok. I just want the 500/495 gr A-Sq factory ammo (2 boxes-solids/lion load) and the (2) boxes of A-Sq brass. Please PM me with a total and details. I will take 'em. TY! (I was supposed to be putting a .257 Improved Jaeger rifle up for sale on-line until all these magical Capstick deals arose!!) lol
Sounds good! PM sent

Last edited:
SOLD-

Trader Keith sling

Both 20 round boxes of full power loads and both boxes of A Square brass

All 500 grain solids

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaybigs1999bigd

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.